Patient Services Assistant
Job no: 515377
Work type: Casual
Location: Frances Perry House
Categories: Clinical Support - Technician/Orderley
Patient Services Assistant
An exciting opportunity exists for motivated and experienced Patient Services Assistant to join our friendly and supportive team.
About the Role
In this role you will work with our supportive team to provide our patients with dedicated and specialised care.
Your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Participate Patient Care rounds
- Provide services to meet individual needs of patients under the direction of a Registered Nurse
- Assisting patients with daily living activities.
- Assist with transportation of patients both within the hospital and out to appointments
- Ensuring equipment required is cleaned and in good condition
- Cleaning patient rooms and clinical areas
- Cleaning within guidelines and procedures set by infection control policies and safe operating procedures
- Complete all documents required to monitor completion of duties
- Ensure highest level of cleanliness is maintained throughout the hospital
- Attending all mandatory training and department meetings
- Abide by all OH&S policies and follow department procedures
In this role you will report to the Property Services Manager.
To be successful in this role you will be a positive and effective team player who brings excellent attention to detail and interpersonal skills. You will thrive in a fast-paced environment and be able to manage your time effectively to meet your responsibilities. The flexibility to handle a varied 24/7 roster will also be essential.
You will also hold;
- Certificate III in Health Service Assistance or equivalent
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required
- High level of customer service and excellent time management skills
- Understanding of infection control principles
On offer is a base hourly rate of $24-$26 plus casual loading and superannuation based on experience level and qualifications, exclusive of penalties or allowances.
Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia's largest and most respected private hospital operator, Frances Perry House is a fully accredited obstetric and surgical hospital situated close to the Melbourne CBD. The Hospital has 93 beds including a cot Level 2 special care nursery. We have 6 birthing suites, a dedicated postnatal unit, 3 operating theatres, a day surgery unit, a urodynamics procedure room and a surgical/maternity unit.
Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People". Benefits of working with Ramsay include;
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
To ensure the quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors, applicants will be required to provide before commencement a National Police Check, Working with Children Clearance and proof of Immunisation to infectious diseases.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please reach out to Rama Whatman at firstname.lastname@example.org
This organisation promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children in line with our Child Safety Commitment Statement.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend