Psychologist / Social Worker
Job no: 515406
Work type: Casual
Location: Caloundra Private Clinic
Categories: Allied Health Professionals
Psychologist / Social Worker
About the Role
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced Psychologist or Social Worker to join our Allied Health team at Caloundra Private Clinic on the Sunshine Coast! We are seeking an experienced Psychologist or Social Worker who has comprehensive clinical experience in mental health with skills in the assessment and treatment of anxiety, mood and drug and alcohol use disorders. The position within our Allied Health Team is offered on a casual part-time basis and an immediate start is preferred.
To succeed in this role, you will be a motivated, energetic and flexible team player with a high degree of professionalism. You will have excellent clinical and communication skills and strive to have a positive impact on the wellbeing of patients. You will also have the following selection criteria:
- A tertiary qualification in social work or psychology
- Current registration with AHPRA (Psychologist only)
- Specialised and recognised training in mental health and group therapy experience in an inpatient and/or outpatient environment
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation including the Mental Health Act
- Experience in the development and delivery of mental health groups
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including demonstrated experience in liaising with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- Commitment to ensuring quality services are delivered to patients with a focus on positive clinical outcomes
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of the need for continuation of personal and professional development
- Proven ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Training and experience in utilising Acceptance and Commitment Therapy and Dialectical Behaviour Therapy
Caloundra Private Clinic is located at the southern end of the Sunshine Coast in peaceful surroundings only minutes from the beach. Caloundra Private Clinic is a modern healthcare facility providing a broad range of inpatient and day patient services.
The hospital is owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 72 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. We have been focused on delivering high-quality patient care and practising the Ramsay Way philosophy of ‘People Caring for People’ since 1972. Benefits of working with us include;
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Extensive Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
To ensure the quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors, applicants will be required to provide before commencement a National Police Check and proof of immunity to infectious diseases.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity please contact Jenny Melrose, Allied Health Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that due to the high number of applications anticipated; only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Applications Close: 14th May 2021 at 11.55pm
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend