Patient Liaison Officer
Job no: 515518
Work type: Casual, Part time
Location: Joondalup Health Campus
Categories: Administration/Support Services
We are seeking an experienced, enthusiastic and positive Patient Liaison Officer to join our respected Finance team at Joondalup Health Campus. Permanent Part Time (50 hours per fortnight) and Casual roles available.
About the Role
Working within our Finance Department, you will be responsible for completing health fund checks for private patients being admitted to the hospital. This will include communicating with private patients and health funds/insurance companies, preparing Informed Financial Consent forms and Estimates, pre-admitting patients into Meditech, collection of patient payments and when necessary, communicating with doctors and clinic staff.
In addition to this, you will also be responsible for the receipting of payments taken during your shift, balancing daily takings and running reports to review unsigned claims.
Acting in a professional manner and maintaining confidentially at all times, you will report to the Patient Liaison Officer Supervisor and work in a respected and supportive team that positively promotes the company.
To succeed in this role, you will demonstrate and be committed to upholding and promoting the Ramsay Way core values at all times. Your effective written and verbal communication skills will assist in maintaining positive relationships and networks with all stakeholders and departments, while your well-developed organisation and administration skills, and your proven ability to successfully manage multiple tasks and achieve deadlines, will support you in effectively prioritising your workload.
You will also bring:
- Demonstrated commitment to uphold and promote the Ramsay Way core values
- Initiative, accuracy and strong attention to detail
- Confidence and experience with MS Office applications especially Excel
- Good interpersonal, oral and written communication skills and customer service
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Ability to work as part of a team, with or without supervision
- Background experience such as: hospital and medical administration roles; customer service roles
- Knowledge of health insurance benefit tables and medical billing item numbers
- Experience using Meditech or other patient administration software
- Previous team supervision and rostering experience
Why Joondalup Health Campus?
Joondalup Health Campus is the largest health care facility in Perth’s northern suburbs, providing 24-hour acute care from an integrated public and private campus.
The Hospital is operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 72 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People".
Benefits of working with us include;
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more
To ensure the quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors, applicants will be required to provide before commencement a National Police Check and proof of immunity against specific infectious diseases.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Samantha Hewitt on 08 9400 9895, or via email: HewittS@ramsayhealth.com.au
Close Date: 18th June 2021 at 11:55pm
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend