Job no: 515550
Work type: Full time
Location: Ramsay Pharmacy - QLD Metropolitan
- Are you seeking a career opportunity within a growing global organisation?
- Do you have experience with brand development and retail growth?
- Are you a talented negotiator?
The Ramsay Pharmacy Group (RPG) is part of Ramsay Healthcare which is Australia’s largest and most respected private hospital operator. RPG operates and manages over 40 hospital dispensaries located in Ramsay Healthcare Hospitals and is the franchisor for approximately 60 community pharmacies in Queensland, NSW and Victoria.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Category Manager focusing on categories within the General Medicines space. This role is based from our Brisbane office and is a permanent full-time position. Reporting to the National Merchandise Manager, the Category Manager will be responsible for managing nominated categories with accountability for the financial performance and product range of their accountable category.
The pharmacy marketplace is dynamic and this creates opportunities that need a strategic and tactical response to deal with these changes. The primary responsibilities include developing, implementing and monitoring Category Management strategies to drive competitive business growth in line with Ramsay Pharmacy Business objectives as well as achieving rebate and co-op budgets.
Reporting to this position is 1 Category Assistant.
Key Functions of Role:
- Sales & Financial Performance with a focus on optimisation of profitability through promotions and price management
- Work closely and collaboratively with all Merchandise personnel, including promotions and space planning functions
- Collaborate and interact with the marketing and brand teams
- Engage, develop and optimise relationship with the suppliers at the sales, marketing and production levels
- Plan promotional activities which maximises sales and gross profit performance
- Collaborate with Franchisees & Pharmacy Managers to initiate improvements at pharmacy level
- Gain an understanding what is happening at the retail level through store visits
- Assist with store designs and layout for positive impact on the business
The successful applicant will have experience in retail merchandising including:
- demonstrated experience in achievement of sales, GP margin and optimising product ranging performance
- advanced commercial acumen with exceptional negotiation and relationship building skills
- broad strategic thinking together with the ability to develop and execute category management strategies in line with company merchandise strategy and the customer value proposition
- strong analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to effectively develop category strategies around the consumer
- developing category business plans and planograms inclusive of growth targets
- management of NPD lines and executing launch to market strategy
- management of category profit through regular pricing reviews
- strong industry knowledge of the pharmacy industry and/ or natural health category
- understanding of product marketing and general business dynamics is desirable
- sound knowledge of Microsoft Office and the ability to learn new software systems to monitor and manage inventory
- well-developed administrative, communication, planning, interpersonal, analytical and selling skills
Our ideal candidate will also possess high level communication and relationship building skills with an ability to liaise and negotiate effectively to support Ramsay business goals.
Initial enquiries can be forwarded to Hayley Walters, Group Procurement Manager on email@example.com
Please apply for this opportunity online by clicking the relevant APPLY button provided within this advertisement.
Applications close: Friday 14 May 2021
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend