Occupational Therapy Specialist Coordinator
Job no: 515626
Work type: Full time
Location: Joondalup Health Campus
Categories: Management, Allied Health Professionals
Occupational Therapy Specialist Coordinator – Orthopaedics/Surgical/Hand & Upper Limb Therapy
Permanent – Full Time
About the Role
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an Occupational Therapist with advanced knowledge and clinical expertise to join our team as a Specialist Coordinator leading our Orthopaedic/Surgical inpatient service and the Hand and Upper Limb Therapy outpatient service.
We require an Occupational Therapist with significant clinical expertise in Ortho/Surg to provide evidence-based interventions aligned with best practice guidelines. Additionally, the successful candidate will lead and coordinate their team, including contributing to and maintaining oversight of operational matters in a highly dynamic environment. This role also involves working closely alongside their peer Coordinators to support the OT Manager in implementing strategic initiatives towards achieving organisational and departmental goals.
We invite candidates with a passion and drive to deliver excellence to apply to this challenging but highly satisfying role.
To succeed in this role, you will be a qualified Occupational Therapist with proven experience in a hospital setting. Your capacity to lead and mentor a team, along with your ability to communicate effectively and maintain relationships with patients, staff and stakeholders is essential.
Successful candidates will meet the following criteria:
- Relevant registration with AHPRA
- Significant clinical expertise in a senior capacity providing evidence-based and best practice Occupational Therapy within the specialist area of Orthopaedics/Surgery in a hospital environment.
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge, skills and experience in hospital-based outpatients
- Proven ability to engage and work with internal/external stakeholders to deliver agreed outcomes.
- Ability to lead/contribute to quality initiatives/service improvement within the Occupational Therapy department and allocated portfolio.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment with competing demands.
- Proven leadership and high-level problem-solving skills, with a solution focused approach.
- Experience working with Hand and upper limb cases (desirable)
On offer is a full-time equivalent, base annual salary starting from;
- $115,215 + superannuation based on experience level and qualifications, exclusive of penalties or allowances. (WA SHSU Specialist Coordinator)
Why Joondalup Health Campus?
Joondalup Health Campus is the largest health care facility in Perth’s northern suburbs, providing 24-hour acute care from an integrated public and private campus.
The Hospital is operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 72 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People".
Benefits of working with us include;
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more
To ensure the quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors, applicants will be required to provide before commencement a current (12 months or less) National Police Check, Working With Children Check and proof of immunity to infectious diseases.
For enquiries, please contact:
Rebecca Kitching, Manager
Close Date: Sunday 23rd May 2021 at 11:55pm
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend