Registered Nurse - Day Oncology
Job no: 516162
Work type: Full time
Location: Wollongong Private Hospital
Categories: Nursing - Registered
We are seeking an experienced oncology trained Registered Nurse to join our Day Oncology Unit at Wollongong Private Hospital in this Permanent Full Time opportunity
About the Role
Our Day Oncology Unit comprises of six chairs and two beds for the treatment or management of chronic illness and cancer. Our specialised and dedicated team provide the following services;
- Haematological treatments
- Immunoglobulin infusions
- Iron infusions
- Blood transfusions
- Specialist drug infusions
As a team, our goal is to provide high quality specialised care to our patients and ensure they receive the upmost support
This role requires a compassionate individual with suitable skills and competence to work as part of our Oncology team. To be successful you will have exceptional communication abilities and be dedicated to providing patient focused care.
You will also demonstrate;
- Current registration with AHPRA
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience in Oncology nursing
- Competent in chemotherapy administration
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and maintain good working relations with others
- Demonstrates excellent time management and organisational skills
- Completion of Antineoplastic Drug Administration Course (desirable)
On offer is an hourly rate ranging from;
- $33.23 - $46.67 + superannuation based on experience level and qualifications, exclusive of penalties or allowances. (NSW RN/Midwife gr1-gr8) [FTE $65 665.60 - $92 230.31].
Why Wollongong Private Hospital?
Wollongong Private Hospital is a 151-bed private hospital set in the heart of Wollongong's Medical Precinct, adjacent to the Wollongong Public Hospital. It features state of the art equipment, facilities and patient services setting a benchmark for healthcare facilities in the Illawarra. Wollongong Private Hospital provides all major services including an intensive care unit, nine operating theatres, a cardiac catheter laboratory and a day oncology unit.
The Hospital is operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 72 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People". Benefits of working with Ramsay include;
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
To ensure the quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors, applicants will be required to provide before commencement a National Police Check, Working with Children Clearance and proof of immunity to infectious diseases.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Alexey Rudnitskiy, Nurse Unit Manager at RudnitskiyA@ramsayhealth.com.au
Close date: 19th June 2021 at 11:55pm
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend