Job no: 516531
Work type: Part time
Location: The Southport Private Hospital
Categories: Allied Health Professionals
Permanent part time opportunity for an experienced Occupational Therapist to join our Ramsay Health Plus team at The Southport Private Hospital. 40 hours per fortnight (negotiable)
About the Role
Working at The Southport Private Hospital, you will join our Ramsay Health Plus (RHP) team that provides expert allied health services including dietetics, hydrotherapy, occupational therapy, physiotherapy, social worker and speech pathology.
As an Occupational Therapist you will be responsible for providing effective and efficient professional services to patients and customers of the Hospital. You will be working across our busy inpatient and Day Rehabilitation units and help develop new rehabilitation programs as part of a supportive multidisciplinary team. Our Rehabilitation team at The Southport Private Hospital focuses on providing excellent care to assist our patients in recovering from illness or surgery, with the aim to help each patient optimise their health and independence.
Your role as an Occupational Therapist will involve, but is not limited to;
- Effectively managing and balancing caseload and administrative responsibilities, prioritising and delegating as appropriate to Allied Health Assistants;
- Showing good clinical reasoning and sound judgement in decision making, considering broader implications of decisions and longer-term impact; and
- Developing client focused, occupationally based treatment goals and plans in conjunction with the patient and ensuring this is delivered within the team’s goals and constraints.
We are seeking a motivated and passionate Occupational Therapist to apply. The successful candidate will also meet the following criteria;
- AHPRA registration
- Minimum of 3 years’ post graduate experience essential
- 3 years’ experience in an acute hospital setting highly desirable
- Demonstrated experience in delivering assessment and evidence-based interventions
- Demonstrated skill in working as a member of a team and liaising, collaborating and negotiating with other service providers and agencies, patient’s families and carers
- Ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team
- Commitment to professional development and maintenance of current evidence-based practice
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly developed organisational skills
On offer for an Occupational Therapist is an hourly rate that ranges from $36.00 - $47.00 per hour superannuation + based on experience.
The Southport Private hospital is designed to meet the needs of the people with disabilities resulting from illness or injury. The team of medical professionals at Southport Private Hospital supports an interdisciplinary approach to rehabilitation, involving the patient, their family, team members and community support agencies.
The Southport Private Hospital provides comprehensive mental health and rehabilitation services to the Gold Coast and wider community. Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia's largest provider of private mental health services, The Southport Private Hospital is located at the heart of the Gold Coast only minutes from the beach.
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Extensive Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
To ensure the quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors, applicants will be required to provide before commencement a National Police Check and proof of Immunity to specific infectious diseases.
For enquiries, please contact: Helen Slaughter, Allied Health Services Manager E: SlaughterH@ramsayhealth.com.au
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend