Job no: 516800
Work type: Part time
Location: John Flynn Private Hospital
Categories: Nursing - Assistant, Clinical Support - Technician/Orderley
Patient Care Assistant / Wardsperson
We have permanent part time opportunity to join our team at John Flynn Private Hospital (64 hours per fortnight).
About the Role
We are seeking a proactive and motivated Patient Care Assistant to join our team at John Flynn Private Hospital on a permanent part time basis. You will support a multidisciplinary team with the aim to achieve excellent clinical care and outcomes for the patient, hospital and Ramsay Health Care. Contributing to providing a safe environment for patients, staff and visiting medical practitioners, your role will involve, but is not limited to;
- Transporting patients to and from the Theatre;
- Assisting in the day to day operations with patient positioning, theatre set ups, and cleaning and restocking of theatres;
- Removing rubbish and soiled linen; and
- Providing support to the wards when required.
In this role you will report to the Nurse Unit Manager and work with a varied clinical team.
To be successful in this role you will be a positive and effective team player who brings excellent attention to detail and interpersonal skills. You will thrive in a fast-paced environment and be able to manage your time effectively to meet your responsibilities.
You will also hold;
- Certificate III in Health Services is essential
- Experience within a clinical hospital setting is ideal for this role.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required.
On offer is an hourly rate of $23.00-$28.00 + superannuation and based on experience and qualifications.
John Flynn Private Hospital is a 334 bed, acute care hospital located at Tugun, on the southern end of the Gold Coast. The hospital provides services to the population of the Gold Coast and the Tweed Coast extending into the NSW Northern Rivers area.
The hospital is owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 72 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. We have been focused on delivering high-quality patient care and practising the Ramsay Way philosophy of ‘People Caring for People’ since 1972. Benefits of working with us include;
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Extensive Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
To ensure the quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors, applicants will be required to provide before commencement a National Police Check, Working and proof of Immunity to specific infectious diseases.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity please contact Catherine Andrews, Clinical Nurse on AndrewsC@ramsayhealth.com.au
Applications Close: 22 June 11.55pm
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend