Theatre Set Up Aide - AIN
Job no: 516886
Work type: Casual
Location: Wollongong Private Hospital
Categories: Clinical Support - Technician/Orderley, Other
- Want to work with a motivated and friendly team?
- Work in a new state of the art perioperative suite with ample onsite parking.
- Do you need flexibility? We can offer hours to suit to maintain the right work/life balance.
Wollongong Private Hospital is defined by our unique culture and dedication to giving outstanding patient care. From the way we recognise and reward our staff to our attitude toward the patient experience – we are a great choice for staff who wants to be part of a cutting-edge, fast paced and progressive environment.
An exciting opportunity exists for highly motivated and experienced Theatre Set-Up Aides to join our dynamic team in this casual opportunity. The Operating Theatres offer flexible rostering to balance work and family commitments, a commitment to ongoing education and a friendly work environment.
About the Role
As the Set-Up Aide in our operating theatre suite, you will have the opportunity to learn a new role, while working and collaborating with the operating theatre team. Duties will include:
- Ensure consumable stock is rotated and date checked.
- Complete case setups of Instrumentation and consumables for upcoming operating lists.
- Complete Emergency and Add-on case set ups as per bookings.
- Complete setups with instrumentation as missing items sterilised.
- Assist the CSSD staff by putting away sterile stock.
- Assist Scrub Nurse’s with maintaining updates of Surgeon Preference Cards.
- Attend to calls from Theatres to retrieve sterile stock as required.
- Monitor and record temperatures in Sterile Stock Storage Rooms
- Escalate as necessary consumable shortage to Theatre Stores Officer and Theatre NUM’s or PM Co-ordinator as required.
- Liaise with the PM Coordinator on assisting afternoon shift nursing staff with restocking and cleaning.
- At completion of lists put away all left over instrumentation and consumables.
The successful candidates must be committed to the provision of a high level of customer service and quality health care in a team environment.
You will also demonstrate;
- Certificate III in Health Services Assistance (HLT32512)
- Understanding of scope of practice in line with relevant registration
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently
- Ability to ensure excellence in customer service
- Ability to prioritise with excellent time management skills
- Take directions in a constantly changing environment
- Previous experience in an operating theatre suite or central sterilisation department.
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
About the Organisation
Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia’s largest and most respected private hospital operator, Wollongong Private Hospital is set in the heart of Wollongong's Medical Precinct.
The 151 bed private hospital features state of the art equipment, facilities and patient services setting a benchmark for healthcare facilities in the Illawarra. Wollongong Private Hospital includes all major services including an intensive care unit, nine operating theatres, a cardiac catheter laboratory, day oncology unit and stand-alone day surgical centre. It offers the full range of medical, surgical and maternity services.
Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way [link removed] philosophy: "People Caring for People".
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and 2 current work-related referees).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Betty Pecev on firstname.lastname@example.org
Close Date: 18th June 2021 at 11:55pm
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend