Job no: 516913
Work type: Full time, Part time
Location: Wollongong Private Hospital
We are seeking an experienced Hospital Education Coordinator to join our Education team at Wollongong Private Hospital
This is a Permanent Part Time / Permanent Full Time position dependent on the applicant
About the role
We’re seeking an enthusiastic and motivated Education Coordinator with the suitable skills and competence to lead and work as part of our Education Team. The successful candidate will be part of a dynamic and friendly team responsible for:
- Planning, development and co-ordination of the delivery of education courses/programs within the hospital including coordination including delivery of hospital wide orientation and mandatory training.
- Supervise staff compliance to annual mandatory training and completion of eLearning components
- Coordinate the new graduate student clinical placement program (Grad Plus) and undergraduate programs.
- Work in partnership with the nurse educators in the coordination, development and delivery of the hospital wide education program
- Contribute to the development and updating of policies and procedures
To succeed in this role you will bring a strong clinical skillset and have a passion for training and education.
- Registered Nurse with current AHPRA registration
- Current Certificate IV in Training & Assessment
- Minimum of 1 years in area of education and training
- Previous experience in educational design, delivery and evaluation
- Proven teaching skills in individual, small and large group settings
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to drive change
- Post Graduate nursing qualifications in Adult or Clinical Education
- Experience with the Grad Plus and undergraduate facilitation requirements.
About the Organisation
The 151 bed private hospital operated by Australia's largest private hospital operator, Ramsay Health Care, is set in the heart of Wollongong's Medical Precinct adjacent to the Wollongong Public Hospital. It features state of the art equipment, facilities and patient services setting a benchmark for healthcare facilities in the Illawarra. Wollongong Private Hospital includes all major services including an intensive care unit, nine operating theatres, a cardiac catheter laboratory and a day oncology unit. It offers the full range of medical, surgical and maternity services.
Located just 80km south of Sydney, Wollongong is a major metropolitan hub on the coast of NSW. Whilst enjoying all the services of a major metropolitan city, Wollongong residents also enjoy a relaxed beach lifestyle in this beautiful coastal location.
Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People". Other benefits include:
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services and financial services
To ensure the quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors, applicants will be required to provide before commencement a National Police Check and proof of immunity to infectious diseases.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please email Caroline Wilson, Director of Clinical Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Close Date: 25th June 2021
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend