Cancer Care Navigator
Job no: 516949
Work type: Full time
Location: North Shore Private Hospital
Categories: Management, Nursing - Registered
Cancer Care Navigator
North Shore Private Hospital are seeking a Cancer Care Navigator to join our team in this Permanent Full-Time opportunity.
About the role
This opportunity will see you responsible for applying advanced knowledge and skills to facilitate the continuity and quality of care of patients diagnosed with cancer and their families. You will also act as a key hospital resource for promoting best practice in the provision of patient care through clinical improvement initiatives and service innovation.
You will provide navigation across the patient’s cancer care pathway to assess and monitor a comprehensive care plan which includes assessment, planning, treatment, supportive care, survivorship and/or palliation in collaboration with team members.
You will also be responsible for collaborating with other teams, as an integral part of the multidisciplinary team and may act as a conduit between patients and family, specialist/s, hospital and community providers, supporting a positive customer experience. You will also promote an end to end pathway across Ramsay services in and out of the hospital setting.
You will also bring:
- Eligible for registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia.
- Minimum of three years post registration in speciality area of Oncology nursing or relevant experience in advanced practice
- Understanding of scope of practice in line with relevant registration
- Demonstrated experience in continuous improvement and initiatives supporting the customer experience
- Understanding of health fund requirements for cancer care services (desirable)
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team environment and independently as required
- Highly effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven project management skills with sound organisational and change management skills
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills
North Shore Private Hospital is owned and operated by Ramsay Healthcare a modern, acute care hospital in Sydney with a longstanding reputation for excellence in patient care. With 313 licenced beds, North Shore Private is one of NSW’s largest Private Hospitals. The hospital performs most surgical specialties including cardiothoracic, neurosurgery, orthopaedics, advanced general and colorectal, urology, spinal surgery, ENT, vascular, paediatrics, oncology and medical care.
The Hospital is operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 72 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People". Ramsay also supports:
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
To ensure the quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors, applicants will be required to provide before commencement a National Police Check and proof of immunity to infectious diseases.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Danielle Levis, Director of Clinical Services on LevisD@ramsayhealth.com.au
Close Date: 24th June 2021 at 11:55pm
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend