Rotational Pharmacist - Shepparton & Wangaratta
Job no: 517034
Work type: Full time
Location: Ramsay Pharmacy - VIC Regional
The Ramsay Pharmacy Group (RPG) is part of Ramsay Health Care (RHC), Australia’s largest private hospital operator providing specialised medication and pharmacy services to community patients throughout Australia.
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Rotational Pharmacist with excellent professional service skills to be part of our friendly, dispensary Pharmacy team based at Shepparton Private Hospital and covering local Ramsay Pharmacies in Shepparton & Wangaratta. This is a permanent full-time position with a rotating roster which may include some evening and weekend shifts (76 hours per fortnight).
You will be given the opportunity to work within a multi-disciplinary team to provide exceptional clinical advice, customer services, quality use of medicines and assist with continuing education of health professionals. This is a fantastic opportunity to grow your personal and professional portfolio and experience leadership and clinical pharmacy across variety of clinical specialities within hospital, aged care and community pharmacy settings. This position will suit a Pharmacist with experience in community pharmacy who would like to make the transition to hospital pharmacy or for a public or private hospital pharmacy who would like to broaden and diversify their skills.
- Ensure delivery of efficient and effective pharmacy services to patients and customers in our hospital and neighbouring communities.
- Work closely with the onsite Pharmacy Manager and clinical leaders to ensure the pharmacy service aligns to patient care initiatives and operational requirements of the hospital and pharmacy
- Participate in the delivery of ward-based clinical pharmacy services and professional pharmacy services within the pharmacy
- Educate staff and counsel patients on best use of medications
- Support and provide supervision to pharmacy technicians, pharmacy assistants, interns and students
Skills and Experience:
- A Bachelor of Pharmacy or equivalent
- Current registration with AHPRA
- Demonstrated contemporary and innovative pharmacy experience - either hospital, aged care or community
- A positive, enthusiastic and can-do attitude, with an ability to adapt to varying teams
- Flexible, organised and able to prioritise and manage multiple tasks
- Team player and ability to build effective relationships with pharmacy and hospital team members.
- A current driver’s license with access to own vehicle.
- An injection certificate would be beneficial
A competitive salary is being offered together with the security of joining a large and well respected company. This position reports directly to the Area Manager who will coordinate the required on-the-job training and ongoing support.
To apply, attach your CV addressing the requirements above, together with details of two work referees to the on-line link below. Please note that the successful applicant will be required to provide the results of a recent police check prior to commencing. If you have any questions, these may be emailed to the Pharmacy Operations Manager
Hayley Foruria - ForuriaH@ramsayhealth.com.au
Applications close: 30th June 2021
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend