Clinical Nurse Educator
Permanent Part time opportunity!
About the Role
Pindara Private Hospital is seeking an enthusiastic, highly organised and dynamic Registered Nurse to join our supportive team as a Nurse Educator on a Permanent Part Time basis (35 hours per fortnight) with a dual role option to work as Clinical Nurse within the department.
The Pindara Emergency Centre is modern medical facility, run by highly experienced emergency staff who provide prompt and professional care. Our Emergency Services are supported by 24-hour radiology and pathology services.
Reporting to the Nurse Unit Manager and the Staff Development Officer, this exciting role will be responsible for supervising and coordinating the mandatory and non-mandatory training programs, workshops and ALS training and recertification within the Emergency Centre and within the broader hospital where required.
Working closely with the Nurse Unit Manger and CNS group, you will be responsible for coordinating and delivering education to staff within the emergency centre, coordinating and overseeing graduate and student nurses, ensuring the mandatory competency and training needs of the team are met.
To be successful in this role you will be an experienced Registered Nurse specialising in Emergency care. A positive and effective team player who brings excellent clinical and interpersonal skills. You will be an organised and efficient professional with a strong customer focus.
You will also bring;
- Current registration with AHPRA
- 5 years post graduate nursing experience
- 3 years Emergency Department experience
- A post graduate qualification in training and assessment or education essential
- Relevant post graduate qualification in emergency care nursing desirable
- Experience in the coordination and delivery of education
- An understanding of the theories and principles of adult learning
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to engage and motivate staff within a multi-disciplinary team
- Knowledge of policies, procedures and legislative requirements
- Sound computer skills using Microsoft Office
On offer is a base hourly rate ranging from; $54.26 – 58.09 + superannuation based on experience level and qualifications, exclusive of penalties or allowances. (QLD Clinical Nurse/Midwife Level 3 gr1-gr4)
Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia’s largest and most respected private hospital operator, Pindara Private Hospital is centrally located in Benowa on the Gold Coast. Pindara Private Hospital has established an excellent reputation in the community for its high commitment to customer service, staff satisfaction and quality improvement.
Pindara Private Hospital is a modern 348 licensed acute care Hospital with extensive on site facilities including a 24 hour Emergency Department, 22 Operating Theatres including our Day Surgery and Endoscopy Unit, Intensive Care, Coronary Care, Oncology, Maternity and Paediatric units, Rehabilitation and Renal Dialysis, a state of the art Cardiac Catheter Laboratory / Hybrid Theatre, in-house Pharmacy, comprehensive Pathology and X-Ray including Ultrasound, CT scan, MRI and Nuclear Medicine imaging and a number of on-site consulting suites. The campus also includes a 5 level medical specialist’s suite building
Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People". We offer
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
To ensure the quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors, applicants will be required to provide before commencement a National Police Check and proof of Immunity to specific infectious diseases.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity please contact Gail Kenealy, Nurse Unit Manager on KenealyG@ramsayhealth.com.au.
Applications Close: 23rd of June 11.55pm