Casual Allied Health Assistants
Job no: 517198
Work type: Casual
Location: Mt Wilga Private Hospital
Categories: Allied Health Professionals
We are seeking Allied Health Assistants (Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy)to join our team at Mt Wilga Private Hospital in a casual capacity.
About the Role
As an Allied Health Assistant, you will provide both clinical and non-clinical support, working with Allied Health Professionals such as Physiotherapists and Occupational Therapists to ensure all patients receive high quality patient focused care.
Your duties will include:
- Assist the Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy teams in the management of a diverse range of patients who require rehabilitation.
- Provide therapy in individualised and group settings in the Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy treatment areas, on the ward and also within the gym and hydrotherapy environment.
- Work both independently and within a team structure.
This role will suit a patient focused individual with experience in patient manual handling along with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills. The ability to work effectively as part of a professional team environment will also be key to your success.
You will also bring (Skills and Experience):
- Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance or current University study in either Physiotherapy or Occupational Therapy is desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- High standard of customer service and a team approach.
- Flexible and positive approach to work.
- Experience working in an interdisciplinary rehabilitation team or health service industry is desirable.
- Availability to work weekends in addition to weekdays is desirable.
About the Organisation
Ramsay Health Care was established in 1964 and has grown to become a global hospital group operating 480 facilities across 11 countries, making it one of the largest and most diverse private healthcare companies in the world, and the largest in Australia. Ramsay is well-respected throughout the health care industry for operating quality private hospitals and for its excellent record in hospital management and patient care. Its focus is on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety; being an employer of choice and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: “People Caring for People”.
Mt Wilga Private Hospital is a 119 bed specialist rehabilitation facility, with a busy day therapy unit and outpatient’s department situated in Hornsby, a peaceful area of Sydney’s Upper North Shore. Part of the Ramsay Health Care Group, Mt Wilga boasts an excellent clinical reputation as a leader in private rehabilitation, with large modern treatment areas, two hydrotherapy pools, and fully equipped gymnasiums. Mt Wilga offers comprehensive rehabilitation programs for patients presenting with a wide variety of conditions including Orthopaedic, Musculoskeletal, Neurological, Back and pain management, Cardiac, Amputee, Reconditioning, and Lymphoedema.
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Employee assistance program
To ensure the safety of our team and patients, all successful applicants will be required to provide a current National Police Check and proof of immunity to infectious diseases. Please provide 2 work related references and address the selection criteria.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Venus Patel (Inpatient Allied Health Therapy Manager) at: PatelVenus@ramsayhealth.com.au
Applications Close: 27th June 2021
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend