Clinical Nurse - Rehabilitation
Job no: 517807
Work type: Full time, Part time
Location: Cairns Private Hospital
Categories: Management, Nursing - Registered
Permanent Part-Time OR Full-Time Leadership opportunity for an experienced Clinical Nurse to join our Rehabilitation Unit at Cairns Private Hospital
Bring your clinical skills to far north Queensland! Join an organisation with a genuine commitment to family friendly practices, work-life balance and a wide array of learning and development programs. We offer strong, flexible career paths and provide unique opportunities to work across Ramsay’s network of facilities.
About the Role
Our Rehabilitation Unit at Cairns Private Hospital is seeking an experienced Clinical Nurse to provide patients a high standard of dedicated and specialised care. This direct leadership role will see you leading and supporting our front-line team members and reporting to the Nurse Unit Manager. You will be joining a team of passionate professionals driven to provide safe, holistic nursing care to each individual patient to achieve optimal patient outcomes.
This role will involve, but is not limited to:
- Acting as a professional resource and demonstrating broad knowledge in all facets of caring for patients to ensure the highest levels of nursing care.
- Supervising and supporting all staff within the unit
- Participate in Quality improvement Programs in line with organisational and departmental strategic plans.
To be successful in this role you will be a positive and effective team player who brings excellent clinical and interpersonal skills. Your day to day operations will include problem solving, fostering a positive and supportive culture and providing dedicated and specialised advice to team members. Possessing excellent time management and well-developed clinical problem-solving skills will be key to your success in this role.
You will also demonstrate:
- Current registration with AHPRA;
- Minimum two (2) years’ post graduate experience as a Registered Nurse working in rehabilitation nursing is essential
- Proven ability to work effectively in a health-care team, and positively influence the performance of other staff
This position requires someone with flexibility and the ability work in a fast-paced environment.
Cairns Private Hospital in tropical far north Queensland is an acute care facility offering a range of services including medical, general surgical, orthopaedic, obstetrics and cardiac services. This hospital is also equipped with The da Vinci surgical system, allowing surgeon’s to operate high-tech instrumentation with greater dexterity and precision than other minimally invasive techniques.
The hospital is owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 72 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. We have been focused on delivering high-quality patient care and practising the Ramsay Way philosophy of ‘People Caring for People’ since 1972. Benefits of working with us include;
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Extensive Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
To ensure the quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors, applicants will be required to provide before commencement a National Police Check and proof of immunity to infectious diseases.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity please contact Lynette Power at PowerL@ramsayhealth.com.au
Applications close: 3rd November 2021 11:55pm
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend