Anaesthetic Nurse (Registered/Enrolled) or Anaesthetic Technician
Full time - 76 hours per fortnight
Joondalup Health Campus is seeking an Anaesthetic Nurse or Anaesthetic Technician to join our passionate clinical team, which is comprised of 12 modern operating theatres, one Angiography Suite and two Endoscopy Suites. Our Anaesthetic team assists with a range of surgeries including Obstetrics, Paediatrics, ENT, Pain, Vascular and more.
As an Anaesthetic Nurse / Anaesthetic Technician, you will work as an integral member of our team and ensure safe surgical outcomes are achieved, in line with the core values and strategic direction of the department, Hospital and Ramsay Health Care.
Duties and responsibilities will involve, but are not limited to;
- Provides technical and clinical support to the Anaesthetist during induction, maintenance and emergence from anaesthesia.
- Identification and provision of ancillary equipment for the safe administration of anaesthesia and disposes and restocks equipment.
- Respond to unexpected outcomes and uses problem solving skills to respond to emergencies in the Perioperative department.
- Compliance with all legislative requirements in the work place including occupational safety and health acts and workers’ compensation
Flexibility to work across a seven-day rotating roster is critical for this role.
To succeed in this role, you will bring a strong clinical skillset in a hospital setting with experience working as an Anaesthetic Nurse / Anaesthetic Technician. Your passion for providing quality care, ability to work within a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary team environment and your client-first attitude is essential for this role.
The successful candidate will also meet the following:
- Registration with AHPRA as a Division 1 Registered Nurse, Division 2 Enrolled Nurse or Diploma of Anaesthetic Technology (or similar) qualification as an Anaesthetic Technician
- Minimum of one (1) years’ experience working as a Registered Nurse, Enrolled Nurse or Anaesthetic Technician in Anaesthetics. Operating Theatre experience is essential for this role.
- Demonstrated exceptional customer service with excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Positive “can-do” attitude and ability to work under pressure
- Willingness to accept and promote Ramsay’s core values
Although not essential, candidates with postgraduate qualifications relevant to area of speciality will be highly regarded.
- Enrolled Nurse - $60,700.64 - $65,200.20 + superannuation based on experience level and qualifications, exclusive of penalties or allowances. (WA gr1-gr4)
- Registered Nurse - $70,051.89 - $92,182.36 + superannuation based on experience level and qualifications, exclusive of penalties or allowances. (WA gr1-gr8)
- Anaesthetic Technician - $67,975 - $80,800 + superannuation based on experience level and qualifications, exclusive of penalties or allowances. (WA gr3-gr4)
Why Joondalup Health Campus?
Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia’s largest and most respected operator of private hospitals, Joondalup Health Campus is the largest health care facility in Perth’s northern suburbs, providing 24-hour acute care from an integrated public and private campus. The hospital has an Emergency Department, After Hours GP Clinic and on-site MRI. Specialties include Medical Specialties which include General Medicine, Respiratory, Gerontology, Cardiac Services and Stroke Services Unit.
Surgical Specialities including but not limited to General Surgery, Orthopaedics, Ophthalmology, Urology, Vascular, ENT, Neurology, Paediatrics, Thoracics & Gynaecology. We have acute Psychiatry, Intensive and Coronary Care Units, Day Procedure Unit, Renal and Oncology, Restorative Units, Day Therapy and Obstetrics. Joondalup Health Campus has established an excellent reputation in the community for its high commitment to customer service, staff satisfaction and quality improvement.
Ramsay Health Care also offers:
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include a CV and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria above).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (6 months or less) National Police Check and a valid Working with Children Check prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
For enquiries, please contact:
Katie Fallon, Clinical Nurse Manager
Close Date: 6th of August 2021 at 11.55 pm.