Work Health Safety Coordinator
Job no: 518311
Work type: Part time
Location: North Shore Private Hospital
- Permanent part time opportunity available with a negotiable start date (up to February 2022!)
- Lead and support the Health and Safety team across the North Shore Network (Castlecrag, Hunters Hill and North Shore Private Hospitals)
- Grow your career across Ramsay’s national network
About the Role
As the successful candidate you will be responsible for coordinating the delivery of a wide range of health and safety systems including workers compensation and rehabilitation, employee wellbeing programs, initiatives that will enhance the capability of management and staff to ensure a planned approach to effective health and safety management. In this position, you will also provide specialist advice to relevant stakeholders across the network.
In this role, you will support a culture within the organisation that embraces safety and strives to continually improve employee, patient and business outcomes in line with the National Safety Guidelines, the relevant Accreditation Program and other regulatory requirements.
To succeed in this role, you will have strong interpersonal skills with effective written and verbal communication skills. Your high level of accuracy and attention to detail, as well as your ability to work effectively in a dynamic team environment and independently as required, will assist you in this role.
The successful candidate will also meet the following criteria:
- Tertiary Qualification in Workplace Health and Safety (WHS)
- 3 years’ experience in Health & Safety Injury Management
- Experience in returning to work and workers compensation
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant WHS legislation and best practice
- Effective skills in planning, problem solving and decision making within relevant practice setting
- Effective communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of programs
- Previous experience in the health care sector or another large organisation
- Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment
- Experience as a Registered Nurse
Why The North Shore Network?
Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia’s largest and most respected private hospital operator, North Shore Group comprising of Castlecrag, Hunters Hill and North Shore Private Hospital offers a comprehensive range of medical, surgical and maternity services. If you’d like to be part of our respected team where you’ll be acknowledged as a vital and valued member, we urge you to apply.
Ramsay Health Care also offers:
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and 2 current work-related referees).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
For enquiries, please contact:
Louise Cubis – Assistant Director of Clinical Services
Previous applicants need not apply
Close Date: 9th December 2021
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend