We are seeking an experienced Endorsed Enrolled Nurse (IV qualified) to join our team in our Day Surgery Unit at John Flynn Private Hospital.
This is a Permanent Part Time opportunity offering 64 hours per fortnight.
About the Role
In this role you will be joining our supportive team in providing our patients with dedicated and specialised care both before and after their surgical procedures, from their admission to their discharge. You will be responsible for providing a high level of clinical care and exceptional customer service to patients and their families. This will involve assessing, planning, coordinating and evaluating the care delivery needs of each patient’s individual needs working between DOSA, Pre-op & discharge Lounge.
This role reports to the Nurse Unit Manager and works with a diverse team of medical officers, nurses and clinical support team members.
To succeed in this role you will bring a strong clinical skillset and a passion to learn new skills and develop your clinical knowledge. You will have exceptional customer service, confident communication and interpersonal skills. The flexibility to handle a rotating roster and a strong team focus will also be key for this role.
The successful candidate will meet the following criteria:
- Registration with AHPRA as an Enrolled Nurse
- Enrolled Nurses must be medication endorsed and IV qualified.
- Minimum of 12 months registration experience in an acute care setting
- 12 months prior experience working in a similar role desirable
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Willingness to accept and promote Ramsay’s core values
- Candidates with postgraduate qualifications relevant to area of speciality will be highly regarded.
On offer is an hourly rate of $31.75 - $34.81 + superannuation based on experience level and qualifications, exclusive of penalties or allowances. (QLD EEN gr1-gr6) [FTE $62 749.85 - $68 792.46]
John Flynn Private Hospital offers free parking, a wide range of in hospital services and regular subsidised social activities.
The Hospital is operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 72 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People".
John Flynn Private Hospital is a 334 bed, acute care hospital located at Tugun, which is on the southern end of the Gold Coast, within 5 minutes from the Gold Coast Airport. The hospital provides services to the population of the Gold Coast and the Tweed Coast extending into the NSW Northern Rivers area.
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts including private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
To ensure the quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors, applicants will be required to provide before commencement a National Police Check and proof of immunity to infectious diseases.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity please contact Deborah McMahon, Nurse Unit Manager at McMahonDeborah@ramsayhealth.com.au
Applications Close: 26th of July 11.55pm