Work, Health and Safety Manager
Job no: 518592
Work type: Part time temp
Location: St George Private Hospital
Permanent Part Time (9 – 12 Month Contract)
We are seeking to appoint an experienced Work, Health & Safety Manager to join St George Private Hospital. The successful applicant will be required to work on a part-time basis with minimum 48 hours per fortnight for a 9 to 12-month duration.
Reporting to the CEO and Director of Clinical Services, this position is to support and foster a culture within the organisation that embraces Workplace Health & Safety and strives to continually improve patient and business outcomes in line with the relevant Accreditation Program and other regulatory requirements.
This position is responsible for coordinating the development and delivery of a wide range of Workplace Health & Safety initiatives that will enhance the capability of management and staff to effectively manage workplace health and safety at St George Private Hospital.
To succeed in this role, you will have strong interpersonal skills with effective written and verbal communication skills. Your high level of accuracy and attention to detail, as well as your ability to work effectively in a dynamic team environment and independently as required, will assist you in this role.
The successful candidate will also meet the following criteria:
- Tertiary Qualification in Workplace Health and Safety (WHS)
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Health & Safety Injury Management
- Experience in returning to work and workers compensation
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant WHS legislation and best practice
- Effective skills in planning, problem solving and decision making within relevant practice setting
- Effective communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of programs
- Previous experience in the health care sector or another large organisation
- Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment highly regarded
- Previous position within the health industry
About the Hospital
St George Private Hospital is one of the most modern, clinically advanced private hospitals in Australasia. It is owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia's largest and most respected operator of private hospitals. The Hospital is located in Sydney's South and is adjacent to The St George Public Hospital one of Sydney's major university teaching hospitals. St George Private Hospital is fully accredited 270 bed advanced surgical and acute medical facility. Working in partnership with some of Australia's leading medical specialists, the Hospital has developed a strong reputation in Cardiac, Orthopaedics & Spinal Care, Neurosurgery, General Surgery, Cancer Care, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Colorectal and Urology.
Key to the Hospital's success is a highly skilled and expert team of staff who are supported by a comprehensive range of professional development opportunities.
To ensure the quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors, applicants will be required to provide before commencement a National Police Check, Working with Children Clearance and proof of Immunity to specific infectious diseases.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Peter Ridley, Chief Executive Officer on RidleyP@ramsayhealth.com.au
Applications Close: 28th of July 2021
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend