Permanent Part Time
We are seeking a Senior Social Worker to join our team at Attadale Rehabilitation Hospital in this permanent part time opportunity offering 28 hours per fortnight.
About the Role
Working with Attadale’s rehabilitation inpatients, you will work alongside a dedicated allied health and clinical team that provides a variety of rehabilitation programs including cardiac, orthopaedic, neurological, falls prevention, pulmonary and reconditioning.
As a Social Worker, you will be responsible for providing high quality, direct social work services on a referral basis to inpatients of the Hospital as required.
This will involve, but is not limited to:
- Delivering personal counselling to the client and their carers when relevant and required
- Assisting clients to determine own necessary relevant future plans and options for future treatment
- Implementing and coordinating a plan for discharge and referral of patients, organising post-discharge home support where relevant and required
To succeed in this role, you will bring a strong clinical skillset in a hospital setting with experience working as a Social Worker in an acute care setting. You will be a positive and effective team player who brings excellent interpersonal skills and enjoys sharing your knowledge and expertise with others. You will also be able to manage your time effectively to prioritise conflicting priorities.
Candidates with a post-graduation qualification in Allied Health will be highly regarded.
- Tertiary qualification in Social Work and eligible for full membership with the Australian Association of Social workers or the Society of Professional Social Workers
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively in a multidisciplinary team
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be willing to contribute to the development and promotion of a cohesive and interactive team
- Act as a professional role model when dealing with internal and external customers
- Willing to participate in a continuous quality improvement environment
- Knowledge of quality improvement principles
- Previous experience working in a rehabilitation environment
On offer is a full-time equivalent, base annual salary starting from:
- $54.01 per hour + superannuation based on experience level and qualifications, exclusive of penalties or allowances
Why Attadale Private Hospital?
Attadale Rehabilitation Hospital is a 39-bed facility providing inpatient rehabilitation services. Located in Perth’s southern suburbs, Attadale has a highly regarded reputation amongst the community and provides a seamless extension of care from a range of acute public and private surgical hospitals and medical practitioners.
The hospital is owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 72 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. We have been focused on delivering high-quality patient care and practising the Ramsay Way philosophy of ‘People Caring for People’ since 1972. Benefits of working with us include:
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Extensive Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
To ensure the quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors, applicants will be required to provide before commencement a current (12 months or less) National Police Check, Working with Children Check and proof of immunity against specific infectious diseases.
For enquiries, please contact:
Linda Black, Allied Health Manager
Applications Close: 26th of July 2021