Job no: 518672
Work type: Full time
Location: North Shore Private Hospital
Categories: Administration/Support Services
We are seeking an experienced Ward Clerk to join our Orthopaedic Surgery team at North Shore Private Hospital in this Permanent Full-Time opportunity.
About the Role
As the Ward Clerk, you are responsible for providing reception and administrative assistance. You will also assist the main reception, administration and clinical teams by coordinating the necessary clerical requirements for patient’s admission to discharge.
Key responsibilities of this job include:
- Managing incoming and outgoing calls.
- Providing timely and accurate information to queries by patients, visitors and other staff and departments.
- Work alongside medical staff, colleagues, patients and visitors to ensure a smooth hospital experience for patients.
To succeed in this role, you will be an enthusiastic individual with a passion for customer service. The ability to converse and be empathetic while managing a busy flow of incoming and outgoing patients is key for this role. You will have strong organisational and interpersonal skills and should be comfortable working in a team of doctors, nurses, pathologists, administrators and non-clinical staff.
This role will suit an individual with proven medical administration experience as this is a fast-paced environment in which you will need to hit the ground running.
You will also bring:
- Computer literacy in the Microsoft Office suite of programs, particularly Excel is desirable.
- Proven Experience in medical administration and familiarity with medical terminology will be highly regarded
- Experience with Patient Management Systems such as MEDITECH will be highly regarded.
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing
About the Hospital
North Shore Private Hospital is owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia's largest private hospital operator. Located in St Leonards on Sydney's North Shore, North Shore Private is an acute surgical hospital. Major specialties include cardiothoracic, neurosurgery, orthopaedics, obstetrics, colorectal, urology and spinal surgery.
North Shore Private Hospital has expanded - adding an additional 4 operating theatres, 2 new birthing suites, 60 beds, 23 short stay beds, a departure lounge, medical consulting suites & extra car parking. This will increase our hospital to 248 beds, 13 Operating theatre suites, 7 Delivery suites and 2 procedures rooms.
To ensure the quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors, applicants will be required to provide before commencement a National Police Check, Working with Children Check and proof of Immunity against infectious diseases.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Sally Wells, Front Office Manager on WellsS@ramsayhealth.com.au
Applications Close 27th July 2021 at 11:55pm
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend