General Services Officer - Catering Department
Job no: 518809
Work type: Casual
Location: Kareena Private Hospital
Categories: Catering/Food Services
We are seeking an energetic Catering Assistant to join our vibrant team at Kareena Private Hospital.
This is casual position, shifts will cover a 7-day rotating roster
About the Role
Reporting to the Hotel Services Manager, you’ll be working within a fast paced team-focused environment, this role is primarily responsible for the distribution and collection of all customer menus, food trays and beverages and as well as basic food preparation.
Additional duties include maintaining cleanliness within work areas in line with required Food Safety Plan, relevant HACCP standards and Hospital policy whilst offering high standards of quality and outstanding service to customers and patients.
To succeed in this role you will be a positive and energetic team player with a passion for culinary preparation and service. Experience in a similar food service similar will be highly regarded, especially in a clinical setting; Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a supportive team and independently when required.
Ideally you will also bring;
- Previous experience in a hospital or hospital environment
- Certificate II or Certificate III in Hospitality (desirable)
- Understanding of food safety and hygiene principles
- Proven ability to prioritise tasks effectively
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a strong customer focus
- Ability to problem solve and maintain good working relations with others
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
About the Organisation
Kareena Private Hospital is a modern 142 bed facility conveniently located directly opposite Kareena Private Hospital is a modern 142 bed facility servicing the Sutherland Shire and surrounding areas. It is conveniently located directly opposite Sutherland Public Hospital and close to public transport. Kareena Private Hospital is an acute Medical/Surgical facility offering a comprehensive range of services including, Rehabilitation, an Intensive Care Unit, as well as Orthopaedics, Obstetrics and Gynaecology.
Kareena Private Hospital has established an excellent reputation in the community for its high commitment to customer service, staff satisfaction and quality improvement.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and 2 current work-related referees).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity, please contact Ajith Subramaniam, Hotel Services Manager via SubramaniamA@ramsayhealth.com.au
Applications close: 28th July 2021
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend