Infection Control Coordinator
Permanent Part Time opportunity – 48 hours per fortnight
We are seeking an experienced, positive, and enthusiastic Infection Control Coordinator to join our Sunshine Coast Network, based at Noosa Hospital, and comprising of Noosa Hospital, Sunshine Coast University Private Hospital, and Nambour Selangor Hospital. The position reports Directly to the Noosa Hospital Director of Clinical Services.
About the Role
As the Coordinator, you will be responsible for developing, implementing, and evaluating an effective infection prevention and control program primarily at Noosa hospital and within the Network by leading the standardisation of services and promotion of best practice.
You will also provide direct and indirect support and leadership for all infection control staff across the network as well as clinical and non-clinical departments related to the prevention and management of risk associated with infection control, whilst providing guidance to the hospital executives, and other key stakeholders, in all areas related to the prevention and management of infection.
An ability to travel is a requirement of this position as support will be offered with both onsite visits as well as by telecommunications.
Key Accountabilities to the Sunshine Coast Network include:
Provide input to the Sunshine Coast Network infection prevention and control strategic planning, policy development, surveillance (including National surveillance), auditing program (including Hand Hygiene), outbreak management, redevelopment project involvement.
To succeed in this role, you will possess a high level of clinical expertise and an understanding of measurement and monitoring for safety and quality, with a proven ability to analyse and use data for system improvement. You will also have a proven ability to consult and collaborate with multiple teams whilst delivering organisational outcomes.
You will also bring:
- Current registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- At least Five (5) years post-graduate experience in an area of specialty
- Demonstrated ability to act as a positive role model
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required
- High level of verbal and written communication skills including demonstrate ability to provide formal education and discussion within peer groups
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office including Word and Excel
- Post Graduate Qualification or working towards in Quality, Infection Control practices.
- Previous experience in infection prevention activities,
- Member of the Australasian College for Infection Prevention and Control or equivalent
- Nurse Immuniser Certificate / qualifications
- Experience in facilitating change and/or adopting new concepts
- Hand Hygiene Gold Standard Auditor Certificate
- Demonstrated knowledge / experience in National Clinical Indicators and other quality projects.
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
The Sunshine Coast Network comprising of Sunshine Coast University Privat, Noosa and Nambour Selangor Private Hospital, are operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 72 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People".
Noosa Hospital is a dynamic and thriving 92 bed acute Surgical and Medical Hospital located on Queensland’s Sunshine Coast. The Hospital treats private and public patients, under a contract with Queensland Health and comprises Medical / Surgical Wards, Operating Theatres, Endoscopy Unit, Intensive Care, Renal Dialysis, Oncology, and a busy Emergency Department.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and a cover letter addressing the criteria above).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Sudhiira Perkoulidis DCS on 07 5455 9203
Close Date: Friday 13th of August 2021