Work Health Safety & Injury Management Advisor
Job no: 518948
Work type: Part time
Location: Hollywood Private Hospital
- Permanent part-time opportunity (60.8 hours per fortnight)
- Support and contribute to our Workplace Health and Safety team
- Grow your career across Ramsay’s national network
About the Role
The position is responsible for a range of work health and safety (WHS) portfolios and employer-based injury management services. The successful candidate’s WHS duties will include (but not be limited to) undertaking safety investigations and risk assessments, auditing, the coordination of health and safety representatives, overseeing the facility’s hazardous chemical portfolio, and supporting continual improvement of the facility’s safety management system.
The candidate must be able to facilitate the rehabilitation and recovery of injured workers in consultation with department managers and the injured worker in accordance with the National Workers Compensation Manual and legislative requirements. This involves actively participating in the injury management process including coordination of worker meetings, case conferences, assisting workers to access the early intervention program, development and monitoring of return to work plans and undertaking wage calculations.
The successful candidate will demonstrate strong customer service skills, and excellent communication and organisational skills.
The successful candidate will meet the following essential criteria:
- Certificate IV or higher in occupational safety and health
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a similar role
- Employer-based injury management experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to train others one on one or in a group setting
- Superior time management and organisational skills, with good attention to detail
- Experience working in a health care environment
- Experience working with SolvInjury
Why Hollywood Private Hospital?
Hollywood Private Hospital is a modern, acute care hospital in Nedlands and enjoys a strong reputation for excellence in patient care. With 860 licensed beds, Hollywood Private Hospital provides medical, surgical and mental health services for over 70,000 Western Australian's each year.
The hospital is owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 73 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. We have been focused on delivering high-quality patient care and practising the Ramsay Way philosophy of ‘People Caring for People’ since 1972. Benefits of working with us include;
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Extensive employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more
To ensure the quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors, applicants will be required to provide before commencement a current (12 months or less) National Police Check, Working With Children Check and proof of Immunisation against specific infectious diseases.
Close Date: 2nd August 2021 at 11:55pm
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend