Catering Services Assistant
Job no: 519135
Work type: Casual
Location: Sunshine Coast University Private Hospital
Categories: Catering/Food Services
Catering Services Assistant
We are looking for a Catering Services Assistant to join the team at Sunshine Coast University Private Hospital on the beautiful Sunshine Coast on a Casual basis.
About the Role
Sunshine Coast University Private Hospital is seeking a positive and motivated Catering Assistant to join our fast-paced catering team. In the role, you will be responsible for the distribution and collection of all customer menus, food trays, beverages, and basic food preparation of our delicious and healthy meals.
In the role you will be responsible for cleaning duties throughout the department, ensuring all meals are presented in appropriate proportions, of the correct temperature and according to the customer’s menu request whilst adhering to the relevant Infection Control policies and procedures. This role is physically demanding with long periods being mobile.
Flexibility to work across a seven-day rotating roster, including early morning and afternoon shifts, is critical for this role.
The successful candidate will meet the following criteria:
- Previous hospitality experience highly regarded.
- Ability to adapt to different scenarios, patient requirements and be able to think outside the square, as no two days are the same.
- Prior experience working in a commercial kitchen/food preparation role within a hospital or aged care setting
- Proven ability to prioritise tasks and effectively manage a high volumes of catering workflows
- Excellent work ethic that includes punctuality, integrity and respect of others
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Prior experience in a hospital setting
- Possession of a Certificate II or Certificate III in Hospitality
- Prior experience using the ChefMax food services management system
Why Sunshine Coast University Private Hospital?
Sunshine Coast University Private Hospital opened on 4 November 2013, offering a comprehensive range of inpatient and day services across a wide range of specialties. The Hospital offers a great opportunity for a career and lifestyle change in a significant area of growth.
The hospital is owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 72 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. We have been focused on delivering high-quality patient care and practising the Ramsay Way philosophy of ‘People Caring for People’ since 1972.
Benefits of working with us include;
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Extensive Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
To ensure the quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors, applicants will be required to provide before commencement a National Police Check, Working with Children check and proof of immunity to infectious diseases.
Applications Close: 29th of July 11.55pm
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend