Job no: 519698
Work type: Full time
Location: Cairns Private Hospital
Categories: Clinical Support - Technician/Orderley, Nursing - Registered
We are seeking an experienced and motivated manager to provide leadership and support to our dynamic Central Sterilising Services Department (CSSD) team at Ramsay Cairns, overseeing CSSD at Cairns Private Hospital and Cairns Day Surgery.
As the CSSD Manager you will be responsible for overseeing the daily coordination and allocation of resources within the department, liaising with 3rd parties and ensuring all activities comply with Australian Standards. This position holds a key leadership and management role which will see you work closely with the Executive team to achieve organisational goals. This fast paced and highly rewarding role reports to the Director of Clinical Services.
To succeed in this role you will bring a strong Sterilising Services skillset, and previous Manager or similar department senior role wanting to step into a management role. You will have exceptional communication skills and have the ability to inspire, motivate and mentor your team. You will be a leader with a passion for seeing your team members succeed and grow. You will have an exceptional understanding of AS4187, as we make changes to comply with this standard
You will also require
- highly experienced Instrument Technician with current knowledge of all aspects of Sterilising Services and the requirements of AS/NZS 4187 OR Nursing Registration with AHPRA
- Previous experience within a management or leadership role is essential
- 3 years minimum experience within a sterilisation team or unit.
- Certificate lll in Sterilisation Services
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to act as a positive role model and as a professional at all times
- Demonstrated ability to nurture and develop team members with potential to advance their career
- Ability to effectively plan and manage financial, human and capital resources
- Demonstrated problem solving and conflict resolution skills
Cairns Private Hospital in tropical far north Queensland is an acute care facility offering a range of services including medical, general surgical, orthopaedic, obstetrics and cardiac services. This hospital is also equipped with The da Vinci surgical system, allowing surgeon’s to operate high-tech instrumentation with greater dexterity and precision than other minimally invasive techniques.
The hospital is owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 72 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. We have been focused on delivering high-quality patient care and practising the Ramsay Way philosophy of ‘People Caring for People’ since 1972. Benefits of working with us include;
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Extensive Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
Remuneration will be determined based on skills, experience and qualifications.
To ensure the quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors, applicants will be required to provide before commencement a National Police Check and proof of immunity to infectious diseases.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity please contact Heather Middleton at MiddletonH@ramsayhealth.com.au
Applications Close: 23rd September 2021
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend