Job no: 520450
Work type: Part time
Location: Donvale Rehabilitation Hospital
Categories: Allied Health Professionals
Experienced Psychologist (Grade 2/3)
Permanent Part-Time (48 hours per fortnight)
Donvale Rehabilitation Hospital is seeking an experienced Psychologist to join our multi-disciplinary team for a part-time role.
The psychology department has expanded significantly over the previous two years and is now involved in orthopaedic, neurological, cardiac, oncology, chronic pain, general surgical and reconditioning rehabilitation programs across the inpatient and outpatient services. The psychology department also provides individualized treatment that follows patients from inpatient, to outpatient, to relapse- prevention services. The department also provides secondary consultation and internal training across the service, with potential for further growth.
We are currently seeking an experienced Psychologist to provide evidence-based psychology services within our community rehabilitation service. This is an opportunity to work within a gold-standard multidisciplinary rehabilitation team to maximise the efficacy of rehabilitation interventions. Receive support including individual and peer supervision within the psychology department as you develop in the role. Duties include:
- Triaging inpatient and daypatient referrals within the rehabilitation service.
- Providing clinical assessment and evidence-based treatment to inpatients and daypatients completing rehabilitation programs.
- Developing and presenting group programs for a range of chronic illnesses
- Contributing to research and quality improvement projects across Ramsay Health.
- Provision of secondary consultation to other departments across Ramsay Health.
- Provision of clinical supervision (if Grade 3).
We are seeking a psychologist who is excited about working with a highly recognised and skilled rehabilitation team. The role would suit a psychologist who enjoys a varied case-load and flexible and supportive work-culture. To be successful in this role you will need to bring the following criteria:
- Current registration with AHPRA .
- Postgraduate qualification in Health or Clinical Psychology.
- Knowledge & experience practicing in healthcare setting.
- Knowledge and experience in CBT and Motivational interviewing/ACT/Mindfulness-based interventions/CPT/CBT-prolonged exposure
- Demonstrated commitment to evidence-based practice and service development.
- At least 5 years relevant experience.
- AHPRA approved supervisor status.
- Experience supervising clinicians within a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Experience providing specialised treatment for chronic pain, PTSD and complex trauma and somatic symptom and related disorders.
- Experience developing, delivering, and evaluating group programs.
Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia’s largest and most respected private hospital operator, Donvale Rehabilitation Hospital is one of Melbourne’s most reputable rehabilitation facilities. Located in Melbourne’s eastern suburbs, Donvale offers a high-quality, evidence-based rehabilitation programs to 90 inpatients and a large, expanding outpatient service. Donvale has cultivated a reputation as a reflective, progressive, and flexible work environment where staff are able to develop personally and professionally.
To ensure the safety of our patients and team, all successful applicants will be required to provide a National Police Check, Working with Children clearance and proof of immunity to infectious diseases.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Jessica Pienaar Law, Senior Clinical Psychologist, at LawJ@ramsayhealth.com.au
This organisation promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children in line with our Child Safety Commitment Statement.
Application Close Date: 30th of September 2021, 11:55pm.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend