Business Office Clerk
Job no: 521337
Work type: Casual, Full time
Location: Masada Private Hospital
Categories: Administration/Support Services
Business Office Clerk
Full-time and Casual opportunities
We are seeking administrative professionals to join our team in our front office at Masada Private Hospital
About the Role
As a Front Office Clerk, you are responsible for providing administrative support and assistance to patients and their families upon their arrival at the hospital. You will also assist the reception, administration and clinical teams by coordinating the necessary clerical requirements for patients’ admission to discharge.
Key responsibilities of this job include:
- Admission scheduling processes to ensure appropriate bed management and utilisation
- Managing incoming and outgoing calls to the front desk.
- Provide timely and accurate information to queries by patients, visitors and other staff and departments.
- Work alongside medical staff, colleagues, patients and visitors to ensure a smooth hospital experience for patients.
- Compilation and management of patient admission papers and clinical notes.
To succeed in this role, you will be an enthusiastic individual with a passion for customer service and enjoys being part of a busy environment. The ability to converse and be empathetic while managing a busy flow of admissions and discharges is a key skill needed for this role. You will have strong communication and interpersonal skills and should be comfortable working in a team of doctors, nurses, pathologists, administrators and non-clinical staff.
You will also bring:
- Computer literacy including the Microsoft Office suite of programs
- Experience either in a medical administration setting or a reception role will be ideal.
- Experience with Patient Management Systems, ideally Meditech, is highly desired, though not essential.
On offer is an hourly rate of $24.00-$26.00 + Superannuation.
Masada Private Hospital is a fully accredited 105 bed acute medical, surgical facility with specialised dermatology, early parenting and rehabilitation services. In this role you will be joining our passionate theatre team providing care to patients undergoing Anaesthesia for their procedures.
The hospital is owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 72 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. We have been focused on delivering high-quality patient care and practising the Ramsay Way philosophy of ‘People Caring for People’ since 1972. Benefits of working with us include;
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Extensive Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
To ensure the quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors, applicants will be required to provide before commencement a National Police Check, Working with Children Check, and proof of Immunity to specific infectious diseases.
This organisation promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children in line with our Child Safety Commitment Statement.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please email Sheryl Vail on VailS@ramsayhealth.com.au
Applications Close: Thursday 23rd September 2021 at 11:55pm
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend