Job no: 521376
Work type: Casual
Location: The Adelaide Clinic
Categories: Catering/Food Services
- Casual opportunity
- Join our friendly and respected Catering team
- Access employee benefits and discounts
The Adelaide Clinic caters a wide range of nutritious meals, to both patients and staff which are served in our bistro style dining room.
Working with our Catering team, you will work alongside a fast-paced team that thrives on delivering exceptional customer service in line with our Ramsay Core Values. In the role, you will be required to adhere to a Safe food plan. Our Safe Food Plan details all requirements and maintenance of the highest standards involving receipt, storage, production and the service providing catering within the hospital. Other aspects of the work also involve, but is not limited to;
- Being responsible for cleaning duties throughout the department whilst keeping in line with Hospital and Infection Control regulations;
- The Adelaide Clinic operates a computer based menu management system. Computer and programme navigation skills are an important part of this position.
- Adhering to Infection Control policies and procedures in relation to food hygiene within the catering department and hospital as a whole; and
- Safety in all matters will be an important aspect of your work.
Flexibility to work across a seven-day rotating roster, including morning and afternoon shifts, is critical for this role.
The successful candidate will meet the following criteria:
- Minimum of two years’ experience working in a similar role
- Sound computer skills
- Excellent work ethic that includes punctuality, integrity and respect of others
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Willingness to accept and promote Ramsay’s core values
Candidates with experience working in a hospital setting and who hold a Food Handler Certificate will be highly regarded.
Why The Adelaide Clinic?
The Adelaide Clinic is a part of the Ramsay Health Care South Australian Mental Health Services Group of hospitals and is a leading provider of psychiatric services in this State. A teaching facility of the University of Adelaide, the Clinic provides a full range of general, acute and specialised psychiatric services and community outreach services.
Ramsay Health Care also offers:
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
How to Apply
Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include a CV and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria above).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (6 months or less) National Police check and Working with Children Check prior to appointment. Persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
For enquiries, please contact:
Colin Currie, Catering Manager
Close Date: Monday 27th September 2021 at 11.55pm
Advertised: Cen. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: Cen. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend