Senior Research Administration Officer
Job no: 521613
Work type: Full time
Location: Corporate Services - NSW Metropolitan
Categories: Administration/Support Services, Other
- Manage the day to day Operational Activities of the NSW & VIC Human Research Committee
- Lead the Research Governance activities within Ramsay Health Care
- Work within a health care environment to implement research outcomes and improve patient care
Ramsay Health Care is seeking a full time senior administrator who will oversee the operations of the NSW & Victorian Human Research Ethics Committee (HREC) and who will lead the Research Governance activities within the business.
The role will report to the Head of Research, Innovation & Integrated Care and CEO Ramsay Hospital Research Foundation and will work closely with a number of key stakeholders including the Australian Executive, Hospital Executives and clinicians. The successful applicant will manage the activities of the NSW\VIC HREC and will provide guidance to all relevant stakeholders regarding the activities and functions of the human research ethics committee. In addition, the role will also lead the Research Governance activities within Ramsay Health Care, providing the successful applicant with the ability to work with a large and diverse group of stakeholders across Australia
In this role, the individual will have the opportunity to make significant contributions to the strategic and operational plans, policies and procedures relating to research management within Ramsay Health Care.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead the Research Governance functions within Ramsay Health Care, working within a defined operational framework and a new electronic research information management system
- Provide guidance and support to researchers in their development and design of human research ethics applications, research governance applications
- Organise the bi-monthly meeting of the NSW|VIC HREC, including agendas, meeting papers and minutes, and records management relating to the HREC
- Manage the day to day operations of the NSW|VIC HREC to ensure that all stakeholders are aware of and comply with reporting obligations related to the research projects
- Addressing compliance requirements by external and internal regulatory bodies regarding human research ethics
- Assist with the investigation and management of complex problems and enquiries, including investigating and managing complaints related to research ethics and compliance
- Assume responsibility for the Research Ethics, Governance & Grants Database ensuring that the database is maintained and regular reports are provided through the system
- Proactively utilise and identify improvements to the information systems to deliver the best user experience for researchers and to ensure a secure and compliant electronic environment records
The role will encompass a number of key elements across people, processes and technology including:
- Project Management
- Teamwork/Collaborative Working
- Change Management
To be successful in this role, you will bring the following skills and experience:
- Experience in a clinical, research or regulatory environment with prior exposure to clinical trials or other clinical research activities.
- Experience working with busy clinicians and an understanding of how to effectively manage and work with this group to effectively manage the activities of the HREC.
- Proven ability to establish relationships, influence, and work in partnership with stakeholders and employees at all levels.
- Demonstrated high level oral and written skills.
- Demonstrated high level conceptual and analytical skills and the capacity to show initiative, to develop solutions and ensure that each research project is successful
- Demonstrated ability to plan and pursue challenging goals whilst successfully managing competing priorities
- High level knowledge of relevant codes and legislation related to human research ethics and research governance within Australia
About Ramsay Health Care
Ramsay Health Care was established in 1964 and has grown to become a global hospital group operating over 480 hospitals and day surgery facilities across 11 countries, making it one of the largest and most diverse private healthcare companies in the world, and the largest in Australia.
Ramsay Health Care is well-respected throughout the health care industry for operating quality private hospitals and for its excellent record in hospital management and patient care. Its focus is on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety; being an employer of choice and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: “People Caring for People”.
For more information about this role, to request a position description or to have a confidential discussion, please contact:
Nicola Ware, Head of Research, Innovation & Integrated Care and CEO, Ramsay Hospital Research Foundation, E: firstname.lastname@example.org or 0419434636
Please click the ‘apply’ button listed within this advertisement. Your application should include a cover letter and a detailed CV addressing the selection criteria above.
Applications close on: COB Friday, 8 October 2021.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend