Operating Theatre Manager
- Permanent full time opportunity
- Relocation Assistance Available
- Work for a well-respected leading provider of specialist healthcare
Tropical North Queensland allows for the ultimate work/life balance with options for city or beachside living. Bring your clinical skills to Cairns Private Hospital and join a large company with exciting employee benefits!
About the Role
This position key leadership and management role is responsible for the efficient and effective management of all human and material resources with the Theatre Department. Cairns Private Hospital has an extensive range of surgical services including orthopaedic, vascular, urological, gynaecological and general services.
This role will see you working with and supporting other managers in achieving excellence in care delivery in line with best practice and legislative requirements.
In this role, you will be reporting to the Director of Clinical Services and work with a diverse team driven to exceed Ramsay’s high standard of care.
To succeed in this role, you will bring an extensive clinical skillset with in the perioperative nursing setting. You will have effective communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required.
You will need to have the following:
- Relevant registration with AHPRA as Registered Nurse.
- Minimum of three years’ experience post AHPRA registration in an acute hospital perioperative environment essential
- Previous experience in a similar perioperative management role is essential
- Proven ability to effectively plan and manage financial, human and material resources
- Ability to plan, develop, implement and evaluate continuous improvement program
- Ability to apply research findings to clinical practice
- The ability to positively influence and engage staff
- Post graduate studies in perioperative nursing
- A tertiary management qualification or working towards
- Sound computer skills in MS Office suite including Excel
On offer is a base hourly rate ranging from; $58.22-$62.70 + superannuation based on experience level and qualifications, exclusive of penalties or allowances. (QLD NUM gr1-gr4) [FTE $115,061.88 - $123,895.20].
Relocation Assistance is available. Cairns is a thriving tourist town with opportunities for numerous leisure pursuits in close proximity. There is a lively night scene with access to live theatre, concerts and the arts. The lifestyle is casual, built around the outdoors. Both JCU and CQU Universities have a campus in the city and there is access to numerous high-quality public and private schools. Beachside or inner-city living are both available options. Wherever you choose to live, the drive to work will be short and scenic.
About the Organisation
Cairns Private Hospital in tropical far north Queensland is an acute care facility offering a range of services including medical, general surgical, orthopaedic, obstetrics and cardiac services. This hospital is also equipped with The da Vinci surgical system, allowing surgeon’s to operate high-tech instrumentation with greater dexterity and precision than other minimally invasive techniques.
The hospital is owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 72 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. We have been focused on delivering high-quality patient care and practising the Ramsay Way philosophy of ‘People Caring for People’ since 1972. Benefits of working with us include;
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Extensive Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
To ensure the quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors, applicants will be required to provide before commencement a National Police Check, and proof of Immunity to specific infectious diseases.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please call Rochelle Biancotti, Director of Clinical Services, on BiancottiR@ramsayhealth.com.au
Applications Close: 21st of October 2021 11.55pm