Wardsperson – Day Surgery/PACU
Casual position available
Wollongong Private Hospital is seeking a Wardsperson to join the Day Surgery Unit to transport patients between departments throughout the hospital. The Wardperson is responsible for providing assistance as required within the hospital environment.
Your duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Transporting patients to and from the theatre
• Assisting in the day to day function of the Endoscopy / theatre set ups, cleaning and restocking of theatres
• Removing rubbished and soiled linen
• Providing support to the wards when required
• High level of customer service and excellent time management skills
• Self-motivated and able to work effectively following directions
Flexibility to work across a seven-day rotating roster is essential for this role.
This role will suit an individual with experience with manual handling along with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills. To succeed you will have a passion for delivering exceptional client care and a strong team focus. You will be self-motivated and demonstrate a good work ethic that includes punctuality, integrity, respect for others, and a commitment to professional practice. You will have the ability to work in a fast paced environment, be flexible with shifts and have a strong team and customer focus.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a large high-performing team
- High level of interpersonal skills and communication skills
- Commitment to exceed customer satisfaction
- Positive “can-do” attitude
Importantly, you will bring a client-first attitude with a desire to assist our patients.
On offer is a base hourly rate of: $24-$26 + superannuation based on experience level and qualification, exclusive of penalties and allowances
About Wollongong Private Hospital
The 151 bed private hospital operated by Australia's largest private hospital operator, Ramsay Health, Wollongong Private Hospital is set in the heart of Wollongong's Medical Precinct adjacent to the Wollongong Public Hospital. It features state of the art equipment, facilities and patient services setting a benchmark for healthcare facilities in the Illawarra.
Located just 80km south of Sydney, Wollongong is a major metropolitan hub on the coast of NSW. Whilst enjoying all the services of a major metropolitan city, Wollongong residents also enjoy a relaxed beach lifestyle in this beautiful coastal location.
Wollongong Private Hospital is defined by our unique culture and dedication to giving outstanding patient care. From the way we recognise and reward our staff to our attitude toward the patient experience – we are a great choice for staff who want to be part of a cutting-edge, fast paced and progressive environment.
We also offer
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
To ensure the quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors, applicants will be required to provide before commencement a National Police Check, Working with children’s clearance and proof of Immunity to infectious diseases.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity please contact Philomena Black, Nurse Unit Manager BlackPhilomena@ramsayhealth.com.au
Applications close: Tuesday 26th October 2021 at 11:55pm