Job no: 522307
Work type: Casual, Part time
Location: Figtree Private Hospital
Categories: Catering/Food Services
We are seeking experienced casual Cooks to join our Catering Team at Figtree Private Hospital on a casual or permanent part time basis
About the Role
In this role you will be responsible for food preparation for patients, staff, cafeteria and functions, ensuring a high standard in quality of Hospital food production and cleanliness within the department in line with required Food Safety Plan, relevant HACCP standards and Hospital policy.
This is a fast-paced role that requires strong time management to effectively meet the needs of the hospital’s food services.
This role reports to the Catering Manager and works with a varied team.
To succeed in this role you will bring a passion for culinary preparation and service. Ideally, you will bring experience within a commercial kitchen with any experience in prep kitchens or health being highly regarded. Strong organisational skills and the capacity to handle high volume catering workflows will be key to this role.
The flexibility to handle shifts across a rotating roster across weekdays and weekends will be essential
You will also bring;
- Experience within a large scale kitchen environment is essential, with prep kitchen/hospital kitchen experience being desirable.
- Any food preparation qualifications will be highly regarded along with experience in preparing high volume breakfast services.
- Certificate III in Commercial Cookery will be highly regarded though not essential.
- Capability to cater to a wide variety of sensitive dietary requirements.
On offer is an hourly rate of $26-$27 + Superannuation and casual loading based on qualifications.
Owned and operated by Australia’s largest private hospital operators, Ramsay Health Care, Figtree Private Hospital has cared for the people of the magnificent coastal Illawarra region for over 30 years. Following extensive renovation and refurbishment Figtree Private Hospital is now a 68 bed modern facility specialising in Rehabiliation, Medical, Paediatric and adult sleep studies, and Illawarra Early Parenting Centre.
Benefits of working with Ramsay include;
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
To ensure the quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors, applicants will be required to provide before commencement a National Police Check, Working with Children Clearance and proof of Immunity to infectious diseases.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please call Jillian Wortley at WortleyJ@ramsayhealth.com.au
Applications close: 21st October 2021 at 11.55pm
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend