PHC Ben Registered Midwife
Job no: 522315
Work type: Full time, Part time
Location: Peel Health Campus
Categories: Nursing - Registered
- Permanent Full Time Opportunities
- Deliver quality care to all parents and neonates in line with our core values
- Join a global health care company that operates according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People"
Peel Health Campus is seeking a professional, motivated and proactive Registered Midwife to join our thriving Maternity Unit. Made up of a 20 bed antenatal / postnatal unit with 3 birth suites, low risk midwifery led antenatal clinic, specialist obstetric clinic and GP obstetrician model of care, our obstetrician’s and midwives currently deliver approximately 1100 births per annum, with our activity continuing to rise within our Maternity Unit.
As a Registered Midwife, you will responsible for providing the highest level of quality care to all parents and neonates in line with the core values and strategic direction of Peel Health Campus and Ramsay Health Care. This will involve, but is not limited to;
- Checking, preparing and administering medications in accordance with relevant legislation;
- Assessing and monitoring the functioning of family members in residence to promote their wellbeing; and
- Accurately assessing a patient’s condition at a given time and report any inconsistent or significant changes to the registered Midwife in charge/ Unit Manager/ Registrar/ Obstetrician/ Paediatrician/ Psychologist
To succeed in this role, you will bring a strong clinical skillset working in a hospital setting, with experience working as a Registered Midwife. Your effective communication skills and ability to develop and maintain effective interpersonal relationships to liaise and consult with family members, a broad range of health professionals and community agencies in a constructive and collaborative fashion is essential for this role.
The following criteria is essential:
- Relevant midwifery registration with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency
- Minimum of three years working as a Registered Midwife in a clinical setting
- Understanding of scope of practice in line with relevant registration
- Knowledge of legislative requirements in relation to nursing practice
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment and independently as required
- Excellent time management skills
Any relevant post graduate qualifications are highly desirable.
Why Peel Health Campus?
Located only 3km from bustling Mandurah city and 6 km from the beach, Peel Health Campus is your ideal workplace with a close-knit team across the hospital and friendly management. Peel Health Campus is a 128-inpatient bed, acute care hospital and provides high quality public and private healthcare to the residents of the Mandurah and Peel regions. PHC has established an excellent reputation in the community for our commitment to high quality patient care, delivered by our caring team.
Ramsay Health Care also offers:
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more
$70,051.89 - $92,182.36 + superannuation based on experience level and qualifications, exclusive of penalties or allowances. (WA gr1-gr8)
To ensure the quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors, applicants will be required to provide before commencement a National Police Check and proof of Immunity to specific infectious diseases.
Leanne Rendell, Clinical Midwife Manager
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend