Environmental Services Assistant
Job no: 522616
Work type: Casual
Location: The Avenue Hospital
Categories: Environmental Services - Cleaner/Laundry
Environmental Services Assistant
We are seeking an Environmental Services Assistant to join our team at The Avenue Private Hospital. This is a Casual opportunity.
As a member of our cleaning team your duties may include:
- Cleaning all areas of the hospital including theatre operating rooms, patient rooms, administration and consulting room areas
- Cleaning within guidelines and procedures set by infection control policies and safe operating procedures
- Complete all documents required to monitor the cleaning schedule throughout the facility
- Ensure all equipment is cleaned and restocked as required
- Ensure highest level of cleanliness is maintained throughout the hospital
- Attending all mandatory training and department meetings
- Abide by all OH&S policies and follow department procedures
You will bring 2 years minimum cleaning experience ideally in a hospital setting and/or a commercial cleaning environment. You will have an enthusiastic outlook towards your work with a keen attention to detail.
The flexibility to work shifts of various lengths and shift times across multiple sites will be highly regarded as while the role is primarily based at the Avenue, the opportunity to take on shifts at nearby Ramsay hospitals will arise.
You will also bring
- Experience with cleaning machinery including floor scrubbers.
- Understanding of OHS/Safe work practices.
- Strong customer service focus.
Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia's largest and most respected private hospital operator, The Avenue is an advanced 152 bed private surgical and medical hospital located in the inner city suburb of Windsor.
The hospital has 11 operating theatres, 3 procedure rooms, a large day surgery centre, a High Dependency Unit, a Dermatology Centre and advanced interventional imaging services (including MRI, CT and Ultrasound).
Culture & Benefits of joining the Avenue team:
At the Avenue we have an excellent reputation for a high commitment to customer service, staff satisfaction and quality improvement. Patient health, safety and comfort are a priority, and The Avenue Hospital continually monitors and evaluates its performance to achieve this critical outcome. We also offer:
- Flexible work practices
- Professional development opportunities
- Employee recognition and rewards system
- Ramsay Corporate discounts including health funds and travel insurance
- Employee assistance program and more
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online by clicking on the Apply button within this advertisement. Applications should include a CV and 2 work-related referees.
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff, and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police Check prior to appointment, and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
For enquiries please contact:
Close Date: Monday 25th October 2021 at 11:55pm
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend