Job no: 522683
Work type: Part time
Location: Southern Highlands Private Hospital
Categories: Catering/Food Services
Permanent Part time – 32 hours per fortnight
An exciting opportunity exists for an enthusiastic and experienced Chef to join the Hospitality Services Department at Southern Highlands Private Hospital
About the Role
Reporting to the Head Chef / Hotel Services Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Food production / preparation for patients, staff and doctor’s meals as well as hospital functions as required;
- Ensure food is prepared and stored in accordance with the hygiene standards as indicated in the food hygiene regulations;
- Demonstrate awareness and ability to meet the dietary needs of all customers;
- Comply with hygiene standards and Occupational Health and Safety requirements at all times; and
- Ensure high standard of cleanliness and organisation in the catering department at all times.
The successful applicant will be passionate about delivering high quality food to patients, staff and visitors at our facility and will also possess the following attributes:
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a Chef in a large scale food preparation environment;
- Certificate 3 in Commercial Cookery/Trade Certificate;
- Effective communication skills;
- Strong customer service focus;
- Food Safety Certificate;
- HACCP training and commitment to excellence in hygiene standards;
- Enthusiastic and a positive "can do" attitude;
- Contribute effectively to a team environment and independently as required;
- Demonstrate a great work ethic and attention to detail; and
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritise workloads;
This position is a permanent part time position rotating between both the Nowra and Southern Highland facilities, the successful applicant must be able to travel to multiple sites.
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
Southern Highlands Private Hospital provides 74 acute medical and surgical beds, as well as an extensive range of onsite rehabilitation and palliative care services for the community and beyond to the regional and rural areas. The Hospital has 4 Operating Theatres, a Procedure Room and a Day Surgery Unit. The hospital is located in Bowral, adjacent to the public hospital.
To ensure the quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors, applicants will be required to provide before commencement a National Police Check, Working with Children Clearance and proof of Immunity to infectious diseases.
If you would like discuss this opportunity, please contact Jessica Nyathi, Hotel Services Manager NyathiJ@ramsayhealth.com.au
Close Date: 26th October 2021 at 11.55pm
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend