Nurse Unit Manager
Job no: 522684
Work type: Full time
Location: St Andrew's Ipswich Private Hospital
Categories: Nursing - Registered
Nurse Unit Manager
- Permanent Full Time Management Opportunity!
- Committed to providing career opportunities & development programs for staff
- Contribute to and immerse yourself in St Andrew’s Ipswich Private Hospital’s unique and caring spirit
About the Role
An exciting opportunity has become available for a highly motivated and experienced clinician to join our Renal Unit at St Andrew’s as the Nurse Unit Manager. Our acute renal unit consists of 12 chairs, with the intention to extend the unit over the next 2 years.
As the Nurse Unit Manager you will be responsible for working with and supporting other managers in achieving excellence in the delivery of patient care in line with best practice and legislative requirements. This position holds a key leadership and management role within the Hospital, and encompasses planning, implementing and evaluating practices, processes, and services within the department. You will work closely with the Executive team to achieve departmental and Hospital strategic goals.
This fast paced and highly rewarding role reports to the Director of Clinical Services.
To succeed in this role, you will bring a strong clinical skillset, with recent management experience, in a hospital setting with experience in a Renal Dialysis Unit. You will have exceptional communication skills and a passion for delivering excellent client care and customer service.
You will also bring;
- Relevant qualifications and Registration with AHPRA
- Minimum eight years’ post graduate experience
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a renal dialysis unit
- Experience in the operation of Baxter Artis dialysis machine desirable.
- Proven knowledge as a senior nurse or manager
- Management or relevant post-graduate specialty qualifications will be highly regarded.
- Experience or exposure to managing clinical staff recruitment, rostering and performance management.
- Ability to effectively plan and manage financial, human and capital resources
- Membership to a relevant professional organisation is desirable
On offer is a base hourly rate ranging from; $59.10 - $63.95 + superannuation based on experience level and qualifications, exclusive of penalties or allowances. (QLD Clinical NUM gr1-gr4)
St Andrew’s Ipswich Private Hospital is a fully accredited advanced surgical, medical and obstetric hospital situated 5 mins from the Ipswich CBD. St Andrew’s is a 175 bed acute care hospital committed to providing the highest standard of specialised services, skilled personnel and sophisticated technologies.
The hospital is owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 72 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. We have been focused on delivering high-quality patient care and practising the Ramsay Way philosophy of ‘People Caring for People’ since 1972. Benefits of working with us include;
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
To ensure the quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors, applicants will be required to provide before commencement a National Police Check and proof of immunity to infectious diseases.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Tralee Cunningham at CunninghamTralee@ramsayhealth.com.au
Close Date: 22nd of October 2021
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend