Job no: 522866
Work type: Casual
Location: Noosa Hospital
Categories: Catering/Food Services
About the Role
We are seeking and experienced Catering Assistant to join our team at Noosa Private Hospital on a casual basis! As a Catering Services Assistant, you will assist the chef with food preparation and be responsible for the distribution and collection of all customer menus, food trays and beverages, and basic food preparation. This also includes preparation of special dietary needs for patients as directed by the hospital Dietician or relevant Manager.
You will also be responsible for maintaining cleanliness within the department in line with required food safety, infection control and hospital standards, while offering high standards of quality and service to customer and patients.
To succeed in this role, you will have a high attention to detail and work effectively in a team or independently as required, within a fast paced environment. Your ability to prioritise tasks effectively will assist you with your excellent time management skills.
You will also bring:
- Previous experience in a prep kitchen or hospital environment
- Understanding of food safety and hygiene principles
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a strong customer focus
- Compliance with HACCP, Food Safety and Workplace, Health and Safety
- Certificate II or Certificate III in Hospitality (desirable)
On offer is a base hourly rate of $22-$25 + superannuation based on experience and exclusive of penalties and allowances
The hospital is owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 72 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. We have been focused on delivering high-quality patient care and practising the Ramsay Way philosophy of ‘People Caring for People’ since 1972. Benefits of working with us include;
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Extensive Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
To ensure the quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors, applicants will be required to provide before commencement a National Police Check and proof of immunity to infectious diseases.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity please contact Adam Godfrey at GodfreyA@ramsayhealth.com
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend