External Communications Advisor
Job no: 522942
Work type: Full time
Location: Corporate Services - QLD Metropolitan
- Support the external communications requirements of one of Australia’s largest health care companies
- Exciting career opportunity within the National Communications Team
- Brisbane location preferred, but Sydney and Melbourne considered
An exciting opportunity has become available for a dedicated and driven External Communications Advisor to join Ramsay’s National Communications Team on a permanent basis.
Reporting to the National Communications Manager, the External Communications Advisor will be responsible for helping to enhance and protect the company’s reputation, position the organisation as an employer of choice and bring to life our strategy and purpose.
In this newly created role, the successful applicant will be responsible for developing strategic and effective communications to external stakeholders, including media organisations. You will also demonstrate a strong alignment with The Ramsay Way values.
This is a great opportunity to grow your career in corporate communications at one of Australia’s largest health care companies.
To be successful in this role, you will have the following criteria:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an external communications role
- Previous experience facilitating media opportunities and liaising with journalists
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated experience in developing and executing communication strategies and campaigns
- A self-starter with excellent organisational, problem solving and time management skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent interpersonal listening skills to evaluate the requirements of stakeholders
- Ability to juggle multiple projects concurrently under tight deadlines
- Strong alignment to the Ramsay Way philosophy of ‘people caring for people’ and core values of building strong relationships and aiming to continuously improve
- Relevant tertiary qualification in communication, marketing, PR or similar
- Experience in health care related communications
- Developing and executing plans to engage external stakeholders proactively
- Developing external communication material including media releases, news articles, speeches and statements in line with Ramsay’s strategic aims and relevant industry guidelines and legislation
- Maintaining an external communications calendar for the organisation
- Working with internal stakeholders to prepare and distribute content
- Using data to meaningfully measure performance and inform best practice and future strategy
- Assisting with the execution of campaigns and strategies which are aligned with the group’s strategic priorities and national communication strategy
- Helping to update our websites to support our strategic aims
- Ensuring content is accurate by cross-checking facts and verifying details with relevant sources
- Responding to external requests for company information and statements, as required
Working with Us:
Ramsay Health Care was established in 1964 and has grown to become a global hospital group operating 480 facilities across 11 countries, making it one of the largest and most diverse private healthcare companies in the world, and the largest in Australia.
Ramsay Health Care is well-respected throughout the health care industry for operating quality private hospitals and for its excellent record in hospital management and patient care. Its focus is on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety; being an employer of choice and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: “People Caring for People”.
Please click the ‘apply’ button listed within this advertisement. Your application should include your detailed Curriculum Vitae, cover letter and two work-related referees.
Applications close: Tuesday, 26 October 2021
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend