Job no: 524110
Work type: Part time
Location: Ramsay Pharmacy - NSW Regional
Permanent part-time opportunity (19 hours per week)
An exciting opportunity is available to join the Pharmacy Practice & Learning team as a Pharmacist Educator for NSW. This position will report through to the National Clinical Educator and will be responsible for facilitating training, development, and education for our Clinical Pharmacist workforce and to promote a culture of learning across both community and hospital pharmacies.
The successful applicant will be a qualified Pharmacist with highly developed interpersonal and communication skills, an in-depth knowledge of national standards and guidelines, evidence of contribution to research and ClinCAT evaluator accreditation. The successful applicant will also have advanced organisational and change management skills, have excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to create positive relationships with all stake holders.
- Integrate medication, pharmacy and health care knowledge, skills, and ability by supporting an evidence-based learning environment and participating in learning activities/opportunities for self and others.
- Deliver cost effective workplace training, development and education to pharmacists and dispensary technicians and assistants within the hospital and community pharmacy environments, which may include induction, transition of staff, clinical assessments, mandatory and requisite skills training, and maintenance of training records.
- Deliver an advanced standard of consumer centred care including assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation by using clinical pharmacy expertise.
- Integrate organisational policies and guidelines with professional standards by maintaining current knowledge and participating in relevant policy review
Skills and Experience:
- A Bachelor of Pharmacy or equivalent with Advanced Practice or Postgraduate Qualification in a field relevant to pharmacy practice or education
- Current registration with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Professional Indemnity Insurance
- Qualified ClinCAT (or equivalent) assessor
- Evidence of contribution to research
- High level of computer literacy including systems knowledge of CHARM, Merlin and FredNXT
- Currency of his/her pharmaceutical knowledge in accordance with the current PSA, SHPA & COSA guidelines
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills within multidisciplinary teams
- Demonstrated experience in Change Management methodologies and tools on large scale business transformation projects
- Ability to set standards, targets, and objectives, and then coordinate work plans to ensure success
Location and Travel
The role has the requirement to regularly travel to the surrounding hospitals and pharmacies throughout New South Wales. Travel costs will be reimbursed.
To apply, attach your CV addressing the requirements above, together with details of two work referees to the on-line link below. Please note that the successful applicant will be required to provide the results of a recent police check prior to commencing. If you have any questions, these may be emailed to the Manager (details below).
Pharmacy Practice & Learning Manager
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend