Job no: 524458
Work type: Casual, Part time
Location: Hollywood Private Hospital
Categories: Clinical Support - Technician/Orderley
- Permanent part time & casual opportunities available
- Grow and develop your career across our national network
- Contribute to and immerse yourself in Hollywood’s unique and caring spirit
Hollywood Private Hospital is the largest private hospital theatre complex in Western Australia and contains some of the most innovative technologies, including robotic surgery capability.
As an Orthopaedic Technician, you will work as an integral member of the clinical team by supporting theatre personnel to prepare the theatre environment for the appropriate procedure. This will include positioning patients and ensuring patient safety and dignity is maintained at all times, while complying with legislative guidelines and the policies and procedures of Hollywood Private Hospital and Ramsay Health Care. Your role will also involve, but is not limited to;
- Adhering to guidelines and maintaining the sterile field during surgery; and
- Undertaking designated cleaning tasks in accordance with documented procedures and schedule to ensure high standards of cleanliness (including personal) are maintained.
Flexibility to work across a seven-day rotating roster, including morning, afternoon and evenings is critical for this role.
The successful candidate will meet the following criteria:
- Certificate III in Operating Theatre Technician Practice (or equivalent) or working towards
- Recent relevant experience and understanding of issues associated with acute care / perioperative settings
- Basic understanding of infection control principles
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Willingness to accept and promote Ramsay’s core values
Candidates with prior experience in an Orthopaedic setting will be highly regarded.
Why Hollywood Private Hospital?
Hollywood Private Hospital is a modern, acute care hospital in Nedlands and enjoys a strong reputation for excellence in patient care. With more than 900 licensed beds, Hollywood Private Hospital is the State’s largest private hospital based on bed numbers. The hospital employs over 2,000 people and has more than 800 accredited specialists working across a wide range of disciplines including cardiology, gastroenterology, general medicine, general surgery, neurosurgery, oncology, orthopaedics, palliative care, psychiatry, rehabilitation and urology. For more information on the hospital, please visit www.hollywoodprivatehospital.com.au.
Ramsay Health Care also offers:
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
How to Apply
Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include a CV and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria above).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (6 months or less) National Police check and a valid Working With Children Check prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
For enquiries, please contact:
Tracy McFadzean, Clinical Nurse Manager
Close Date: 6 December 2021 at 11:55pm
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend