Pharmacist - Avenue Private Hospital
Job no: 524521
Work type: Full time
Location: Ramsay Pharmacy - VIC Regional
The Ramsay Pharmacy Group (RPG) is part of Ramsay Health Care (RHC), Australia’s largest private hospital operator providing specialised medication and pharmacy services to community patients throughout Australia.
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Pharmacist with excellent professional service skills to be part of our friendly, Pharmacy team at the Avenue Private Hospital. This is a permanent part-time position with a rotating roster which may include some evening, weekend and public holiday shifts (33 hours per fortnight). Newly registered or early-career pharmacists are encouraged to apply.
The successful applicant will have responsibilities for:
- Dispensing and preparing medication requests for discharge and inpatient use
- Liaising with staff and counselling patients on best use of medications
- Providing clinical medication reconciliations
- Supporting and providing direction to Pharmacy Technicians and Interns as required.
- Inventory management and processing of orders
This position requires a person with:
- A Bachelor of Pharmacy or equivalent
- Current registration with AHPRA
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated reliability, commitment and adaptability
- Previous hospital pharmacy experience – beneficial but not essential
- Experience with dispensary and inventory control systems
- Demonstrated experience with working within a multi-disciplinary team
- Good working knowledge of the PBS system
- An Immunisation Certificate - beneficial but not essential
A competitive salary is being offered together with the security of joining a large and well-respected company. This position reports directly to the on-site Pharmacist Manager who will coordinate the required on-the-job training and ongoing support.
To apply, attach your CV addressing the requirements above, together with details of two work referees to the on-line link below. Please note that the successful applicant will be required to provide the results of a recent police check prior to commencing. Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, customers, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement including COVID-19.
Pey Wen Mak
Applications close: 12th December 2021
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend