Health Information Services Manager
Job no: 524532
Work type: Full time
Location: Greenslopes Private Hospital
Categories: HIM/Clinical Coder/Medical Records
Manager Health Information Services
About the company
Greenslopes Private Hospital is Australia’s leading private teaching hospital, owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, and located just 5km from Brisbane’s CBD. Our employees are committed to delivering the best treatments and outcomes for each patient in an innovative and supportive environment. We have highly-trained local specialists – many of whom are leaders in their chosen fields. The hospital employs 2,500 staff, contains 32 specialty units, and has 18 operating theatres. We offer an extensive range of rewards and benefits for our employees including reduced private health insurance, free car parking, onsite childcare, and a variety of retail, corporate and financial services discounts.
If you’d like to be part of our respected team where you’ll be acknowledged as a vital and valued member, then read on.
About the role
This position requires an experienced Health Information Services Manager with knowledge of private health funding models, clinical coding and health records management, including legislative compliance and data reporting. This role will work closely with the Senior Executive team and other hospital managers to drive the ongoing development of health information services and must have excellent communication, engagement skills and problem-solving skills. The Manager will provide operational leadership to a large cohesive team and will assist them achieve strategic objects and targets in a fast paced environment.
- Diploma/ Bachelor of Health Information Management (or equivalent)
- Eligible for or membership with the Health Information Management Association of Australia (HIMAA)
- Previous health information management experience including records management
- Knowledge of private hospital episode funding
- A minimum of five (5) years hospital medical records experience.
- A high level of computer literacy
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Working knowledge of Patient Management System
The successful applicant needs to be flexible with shifts and have the ability to work in a fast paced environment.
Culture and Benefits
We value our staff and provide a wide range of attractive local and national employee benefits including:
- Flexible work practices
- Professional development opportunities
- Employee recognition and rewards system
- Ramsay Corporate discounts including health fund and travel discounts
- Ramsay Health Care Employee Benefit Club
- Access to the Employee Assistance Program
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include cover letter, CV and 2 current work-related referees). Alternatively, visit www.greenslopesprivate.com.au careers page.
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity, please contact Gina Banfield, Regional Health Information Manager on 07 3394 7246.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend