Registered Nurses – Cardiac Medical
- Multiple Permanent Full and Part time positions
- Hours negotiable and flexible to suit work/life balance
- Novice Nurses are encouraged to apply
- Bring your Clinical skills to beautiful far north Queensland for the ultimate sea change!
About the Role
Cairns Private Hospital are seeking motivated, dynamic team players who thrive in a busy environment. Novice nurses are encouraged to apply as support will be given to the right candidate. Will also consider sponsoring a candidate, without specific cardiac experience, but who is interested in learning.
As a Registered Nurse you will perform duties with the support and guidance of the Nurse Unit Manager, Clinical Nurse and Shift Leaders to ensure a high level of quality patient care is delivered within the ward. You will be responsible for will assessing, planning, coordinating and evaluating the care delivery needs of each patient’s individual needs.
Our team prides itself on exceeding Ramsay’s high standard of care with a professional and positive attitude by creating a friendly, caring and comfortable environment for its patients.
To succeed in this role, you will bring a strong clinical skillset in a hospital setting with experience in a medical, respiratory, or cardiac unit. Your advanced communication and customer service skills will assist in maintaining good working relations with staff and patients. Your exceptional time management skills will reinforce your ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
You will also demonstrate;
- Qualifications and registration with AHPRA as a registered nurse
- Acute medical experience beneficial
- Ability to assess, plan, coordinate and evaluate care delivery needs of patient
- Demonstrates excellent time management and organisational skills
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required
- Strong customer service skills
- Flexibility to work over a 7 day rotating roster including Day, Evening, Night and Weekend shifts will be essential (Hours negotiable and flexible to suit work/life balance!)
On offer is a base hourly rate ranging from $37.04 - $47.76 + superannuation based on experience level and qualifications, exclusive of penalties or allowances. (QLD RN/Midwife gr2-gr8) [FTE $73,193.41 - $94,380.08
Why make that move to Cairns?
Cairns is a thriving tourist town with opportunities for numerous leisure pursuits in close proximity. There is a lively night scene with access to live theatre, concerts and the arts. The lifestyle is casual, built around the outdoors. Both JCU and CQU Universities have a campus in the city and there is access to numerous high-quality public and private schools. Beachside or inner-city living are both available options. Wherever you choose to live, the drive to work will be short and scenic.
Cairns Private Hospital in tropical Cairns in far north Queensland, Australia, is a modern, well-equipped facility which offers a comprehensive range of medical and allied services. Situated only 150 metres back from the Cairns Esplanade, the Hospital is easy walking distance from the heart of the tourist mecca of Cairns. Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Cairns Private Hospital is committed to the provision of first-class medical care for the people of the region and the thousands of tourists who visit the area.
The Hospital is operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 72 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People".
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
To ensure the quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors, applicants will be required to provide before commencement a National Police Check and proof of Immunity to specific infectious diseases.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include cover letter, CV and 2 current work-related referees).
To ensure the quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors, applicants will be required to provide before commencement a National Police Check and proof of immunity to infectious diseases.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity, please contact Julie Mellick, Nurse Unit Manager on MellickJ@ramsayhealth.com.au