Job no: 524754
Work type: Part time
Location: Joondalup Health Campus
Categories: Catering/Food Services
- Permanent Part-Time opportunity at 52.5 hours per fortnight
- Assist & support our patient and staff food services
- Contribute to and immerse yourself in Joondalup’s unique and caring spirit
We are currently seeking a Barista / Catering Assistant to join our team and provide efficient, friendly and professional service at Joondalup Health Campus!
Working closely alongside a supportive team, you will provide quality Barista and Catering Assistant services to our patients and staff members under the direction of the Catering Manager. This will involve, but is not limited to;
- Making quality Barista coffee
- Basic food preparation
- Setting up, plating and distributing patient meals and beverages
- Assist with general kitchen duties as required
- Maintaining cleanliness within the department and at ward level in line with required food safety, infection control and hospital standards
- Responsive and sensitive to customer information, their needs and wants
The successful candidate will meet the following criteria:
- Previous experience in a similar role as a Barista / Catering Assistant
- Qualified Barista
- Understanding of food safety and hygiene principles
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence in customer service
- Proven ability to prioritise tasks and effectively manage a high volumes of catering workflows
- Certificate II or Certificate III in Hospitality
- Prior experience in a hospital setting
Flexibility to work across a seven-day rotating roster, including morning, afternoon and night shifts, is critical for this role.
On offer is a base hourly rate ranging from;
$26.26 - $27.61 + superannuation based on experience level and qualifications, exclusive of penalties or allowances (WA Level 4 Year 1 - 3).
Why Joondalup Health Campus?
Joondalup Health Campus is the largest health care facility in Perth’s northern suburbs, providing 24-hour acute care from an integrated public and private campus.
The Hospital is operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 73 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People".
Benefits of working with us include;
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more
To ensure the quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors, applicants will be required to provide before commencement a current (12 months or less) National Police Check, Working With Children Check and proof of Immunisation to infectious diseases.
For enquiries, please contact:
Jeremy Coffey, Catering Manager
Close Date: 7 December 2021 at 11:55pm
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend