Job no: 524787
Work type: Casual
Location: The Southport Private Hospital
Categories: Allied Health Professionals
The Southport Private Hospital is seeking an experienced Social Worker to join our team on a casual basis.
About the Role
Our Social Workers work within a supportive team of professionals, passionate about providing the best quality care for patients. Working at The Southport Private Hospital, you will join our Ramsay Health Plus (RHP) team that provides expert allied health services including dietetics, hydrotherapy, occupational therapy, physiotherapy, social workers and speech pathology. You will predominantly be working in the Inpatients Rehabilitation unit.
In the role, you will be responsible for providing social work services to an allocated caseload of clients in liaison with medical, nursing, allied health and other health care providers. This may involve, but is not limited to:
- Psychosocial assessments, risk assessments and inter-agency collaboration for future care planning and discharge planning
- Provision of advocacy and supports for patients, carers and families
- Brief intervention counselling around adjustment to disease and disability, loss, grief and bereavement
- Consultation and intervention for child abuse, elder abuse and domestic violence cases
- Providing leadership and mentorship to our team
To succeed in this role, you will bring a strong social work skillset and have a passion for client care and a high standard of customer-focused service in line with Ramsay's core values. You will have exceptional communication skills and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
We are looking for a social worker who thrive working within a multidisciplinary team and will be committed to upholding and promoting the Ramsay Way core values. You will have exceptional customer service, strong verbal and written communication, and interpersonal skills and also meet the following criteria:
- Qualification in Social Work
- Demonstrated ability to provide Social Work services in a hospital environment
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills including demonstrated effective interpersonal and customer service skills
- Proven ability to work across multiple clinical areas
- Demonstrated excellent organisation and workload management skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively in a multidisciplinary team.
The Southport Private Hospital is operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 72 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People".
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
To ensure the quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors, applicants will be required to provide before commencement a National Police Check, Working with Children clearance and proof of Immunity to infectious diseases.
This organisation promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children in line with our Child Safety Commitment Statement.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity please contact Helen Slaughter at SlaughterH@ramsayhealth.com.au.
Close Date: December 2nd at 11:55pm
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend