Social Worker/Discharge Planner
Job no: 524844
Work type: Part time
Location: Tamara Private Hospital
Categories: Allied Health Professionals, Social/Welfare
Social Worker / Discharge Planner
Tamara Private Hospital on a Permanent Part-Time basis
About the Role
An exciting opportunity is available to become a member of our team as a Social Worker/Discharge Planner. Passionate about providing the best quality care for patients, our supportive team of professionals provides a range of services to assist patients and their families with the emotional and practical impacts of illness, injury and hospitalisation.
In the role, you will be responsible for providing social work services to an allocated caseload of clients in liaison with medical, nursing, allied health and other health care providers.
This may involve, but is not limited to:
- Psychosocial assessments, risk assessments and inter-agency collaboration for future care planning
- Provision of advocacy and supports for patients, carers and families
- Brief intervention counselling around adjustment to disease and disability, loss, grief and bereavement
- Consultation and intervention for child abuse, elder abuse and domestic violence cases
- Discharge planning for patients with complex needs and linking patients to community services and supports
The successful candidate will meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor of Social Work (or equivalent)
- Eligible for full membership of Australian Association of Social Workers
- Demonstrated ability to utilise a variety of social work interventions
- Demonstrated experience in medical social work practice
- Knowledge of community resources services to meet client needs
- Discharge planner experience desirable
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to work effectively within a multidisciplinary team and independently as required
- Willingness to uphold the Ramsay Way core values
About the Organisation
Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia’s largest and most respected private hospital operator, Tamara Private Hospital is the focus of private health care in the Tamworth region. The hospital has a modern operating theatre complex, high dependency unit, surgical wards, medical ward, and rehabilitation ward and day surgery facility. The hospital specialises in general surgery, orthopaedics, endoscopy, urology, ophthalmology, gynaecology and rehabilitation. Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People".
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and 2 current work-related referees).
To ensure the quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors, applicants will be required to provide before commencement a National Police Check and proof of immunity to infectious diseases.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Patricia Thornberry via ThornberryP@ramsayhealth.com.au
Applications Close: 7 December 2021 at 11:55pm
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend