Registered and Enrolled Nurses
- Permanent part-time & casual opportunities available
- Support & contribute to our Day of Surgery Admission unit
- Work for a well-respected global health care industry!
The Sunshine Coast allows for the ultimate work/life balance with options for city or beachside living. Bring your clinical skills to Sunshine Coast University Private Hospital and join a large company with exciting employee benefits!
About the Role
An exciting opportunity is available to become an integral member of our Day of Surgery Admissions team as a Registered or Enrolled Nurse!
Our Day of Surgery Admissions team is responsible for preparing patients undergoing day procedures before their entry into theatre. In this role you will assess, plan, coordinate and evaluate care delivery needs to ensure high-quality care is delivered to our patients as they are prepared for day procedures. You will be required to work as a supportive team member to contribute to clinical and unit-based decision making.
Flexibility to work across a seven-day rotating roster, including morning, afternoon and night shifts, is critical for this role. You will also be required to work across Admissions, Pre-Op Hold and Second/Third stage Recovery.
The successful candidate will meet the following criteria:
- Registration with AHPRA as a Registered Nurse
- Recent clinical experience with experience in Day Surgery, Surgical or Medical Wards
- Knowledge of current legislation and policies relating to nursing practice in the workplace
- Proven ability to work effectively within a team environment and autonomously as required
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) and strong customer service skills
- Willingness to accept and promote Ramsay’s core values
Candidates with cannulation experience will be highly regarded.
On offer is a base hourly rate ranging from;
$36.49 - $46.82 + superannuation based on experience level and qualifications, exclusive of penalties or allowances. (QLD RN/Midwife Grade 2- Grade 8) [FTE $72 111.74 - $92 529.36].
Why Sunshine Coast University Private Hospital?
Sunshine Coast University Private Hospital opened on 4 November 2013, offering a comprehensive range of inpatient and day services across a wide range of specialties. The Hospital offers a great opportunity for a career and lifestyle change in a significant area of growth.
The hospital is owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 73 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. We have been focused on delivering high-quality patient care and practising the Ramsay Way philosophy of ‘People Caring for People’ since 1972.
Benefits of working with us include;
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Extensive Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
To ensure the quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors, applicants will be required to provide before commencement a current (12 months or less) National Police Check, a Working with Children Check and proof of Immunisation to infectious diseases.
For enquiries, please contact:
Christie Benard, Nurse Unit Manager
Close date: 8 December 2021 at 11:55pm