Ward Clerk Day Procedure Unit
Job no: 525051
Work type: Part time
Location: Peninsula Private Hospital
Categories: Administration/Support Services
We are seeking an experienced Ward Clerk to join Peninsula Private Hospital in our Day Procedure Department. The position is Permanent Part Time with flexible hours (60 hours per fortnight).
About the Role
As the Ward Clerk, you are responsible for providing reception and administrative assistance to our Day Surgery Department. You will also assist the main reception, administration and clinical teams by coordinating the necessary clerical requirements for patient’s admission to discharge.
Key responsibilities of this job include:
- Managing incoming and outgoing calls to the reception desk.
- Maintain correct compilation of patient files and records throughout admission and discharge
- Providing timely and accurate information to queries by patients, visitors and other staff and departments
- Work alongside medical staff, colleagues, patients and visitors to ensure a smooth hospital experience for patients.
To succeed in this role, you will be an enthusiastic individual with a passion for customer service. The ability to converse and be empathetic while managing a busy flow of incoming and outgoing patients is key for this role. You will have strong organisational and interpersonal skills and should be comfortable working in a team of doctors, nurses, pathologists, administrators and non-clinical staff.
This role will suit an individual with proven medical administration experience as this is a fast-paced environment in which you will need to hit the ground running.
You will also bring:
- Computer literacy in the Microsoft Office suite of programs, particularly Excel is desirable.
- Proven Experience in medical administration, ideally within a hospital.
- Familiarity with medical terminology will be highly regarded
- Experience with Patient Management Systems such as MEDITECH is desirable
About the Organisation
Our Hospital is operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 73 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People".
Benefits of employment at Peninsula Private:
- Extensive in-house general and specialty education programs supported by clinical educators
- Scholarships & Study Discounts
- Access to clinical, managerial and leadership programs.
- A doctor is on-site 24 7
- On-site ICU (11 beds)
- Part of the global Ramsay Healthcare Group
- Staff recognition and reward programs
- Employee Benefit club offering discounted health & leisure choices
- Access to Ramsay corporate discounts including discounted private health insurance choices, discounted IT hardware & software & travel/holiday discounts
- Staff Wellness Program and access to a wide range of wellness options both locally and via the Ramsay intranet
- Employee Assistance Program
- Morning & afternoon tea provided
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application.
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check, a Working with Children Clearance and proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Elizabeth Blackburne@ramsayhealth.com.au
Applications close: 9th December 2021 at 11:55pm
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend