Permanent Part time (60 hours per fortnight) commencing Feb 2022
As a Ward Clerk, you are responsible for providing support and assistance to patients and their families. You will also assist the reception, administration and clinical teams by coordinating the necessary clerical requirements to ensure the smooth running of our day-to-day operations.
Key responsibilities of this job include:
- Managing incoming and outgoing calls to the ward.
- Provide timely and accurate information to queries by patients, visitors and other staff and departments.
- Work alongside medical staff, colleagues, patients and visitors to ensure a smooth hospital experience for patients.
- Compilation and management of patient admission papers and clinical notes.
To succeed in this role you will be an effective and approachable administrative professional with a passion for client care and a high standard of customer-focused service in line with Ramsay's core values. You will have exceptional communication skills, superior problem solving and conflict resolution abilities. This role calls for individuals with a strong capacity to manage a variety of administrative tasks and priorities over the course of the work day.
You will also demonstrate;
- Proven organisational skills and a high degree of attention to detail & accuracy
- Advanced computer skills using MS Office.
- Any experience with Patient Management Systems (specifically Meditech and Medtech 32) will be highly regarded.
- Experience within the Health Industry
About the Organisation
John Flynn Private Hospital is a 334 bed, acute care hospital located at Tugun, which is on the southern end of the Gold Coast, within 5 minutes from the Gold Coast Airport. The hospital provides services to the population of the Gold Coast and the Tweed Coast extending into the NSW Northern Rivers area.
John Flynn Private Hospital offers free parking, a wide range of in hospital services and regular subsidised social activities.
Why choose a Ramsay career?
We believe our people are our most important asset.
That is why we work hard to foster a positive, supportive and inclusive culture across Ramsay Health Care.
With more than 30,000 employees in Australia, as well as hundreds of facilities across 10 countries, Ramsay is proud to be a leader in providing world-class health care. Our international footprint offers a wealth of professional opportunities to suit any stage of your career.
We are also committed to maintaining our employer-of-choice status through a great range of employee benefits and programs.
Our Ramsay Way values
We are a leading provider of health care services with a special culture known as “The Ramsay Way” and a philosophy of “People Caring for People”.
- We value strong, healthy relationships by respecting and recognising those we work with.
- We strive to continuously improve and we take pride in our achievements.
- We seek to grow sustainably because we care about our people, our community and our planet.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and 2 current work-related referees).
Successful applicants are required to provide evidence of two Covid19 vaccinations prior to commencement. You may also be required to provide a current National Police check, as well as proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity, please contact Danielle Shambrook on ShambrookD@ramsayhealth.com.au